BRob meeting with reporters in Buck's office at Trop at 5:10

tntoriole

And I can't give any more rep points this 24 hours. Owe you neg reps a-hole.

Why? Because he could be telling the truth and you don't want to hear it?

Roberts dogged it in the past, therefore he could be milking an injury because he doesn't want to experience the losing. It's plausible.

It is interesting to see that now his extension has kicked in, he is playing less games per season...

In 2006 after his arm nearly got ripped off, he was dying to come back and might have come back too early from TJ surgery. Not so these past two years...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roberts would dive into first when he would smell a hit. Lazy flyballs and weak groundballs, he would not run out. Dave Trembley met with him privately when the Orioles played the Angels 2 years ago in Anaheim, because of this very issue. That is a fact. Ask anyone on here and there were many topics started about his lack of hustle and also other players, Tejada, Mora, etc. That is a fact. Brian was never a "hustle-dog". Never. Not the games I watched. And I've seen every one. Brother, I'm a sinner saved by grace. I'm not perfect. There was only one perfect man and "WE" crucified him. He died on that cross for your sins and mine. My past sins. My present sins. And my future sins. This is a baseball board. Let's talk baseball.

What part of 40, 50 duobles don't you understand?

Why? Because he could be telling the truth and you don't want to hear it?

Roberts dogged it in the past, therefore he could be milking an injury because he doesn't want to experience the losing. It's plausible.

It is interesting to see that now his extension has kicked in, he is playing less games per season...

In 2006 after his arm nearly got ripped off, he was dying to come back and might have come back too early from TJ surgery. Not so these past two years...

WOW! You seriously don't want to go down this road, Trea.

Brian dogged it WHEN???

Provide a site. Provide a video. Elsewise shove your neg perceptions where the sun don't shine!

Roberts would dive into first when he would smell a hit. Lazy flyballs and weak groundballs, he would not run out. Dave Trembley met with him privately when the Orioles played the Angels 2 years ago in Anaheim, because of this very issue. That is a fact. Ask anyone on here and there were many topics started about his lack of hustle and also other players, Tejada, Mora, etc. That is a fact. Brian was never a "hustle-dog". Never. Not the games I watched. And I've seen every one. Brother, I'm a sinner saved by grace. I'm not perfect. There was only one perfect man and "WE" crucified him. He died on that cross for your sins and mine. My past sins. My present sins. And my future sins. This is a baseball board. Let's talk baseball.

You're SERIOUSLY going to try and defend your position????? That Brian didn't give a F and was just fine and dandy with sitting around and drawing his salary???

What kind of mean, negative person are you? To say that Brian is just fine and dandy to sit on his ass and draw a paycheck??? That REALLY frosts my ass! Some lazy. no good, internet NOTHING sit there and type his crap like anyone CARES about his opinion!

Let's talk baseball, richard! Let's talk about what Brian has shown us on the field! Let's talk about what Brian has shown us OFF the field! Let's talk about what YOU have shown us, just on this board! You're just a SPECK in Brian Roberts' universe. Go away!

You're SERIOUSLY going to try and defend your position????? That Brian didn't give a F and was just fine and dandy with sitting around and drawing his salary???

What kind of mean, negative person are you? To say that Brian is just fine and dandy to sit on his ass and draw a paycheck??? That REALLY frosts my ass! Some lazy. no good, internet NOTHING sit there and type his crap like anyone CARES about his opinion!

Let's talk baseball, richard! Let's talk about what Brian has shown us on the field! Let's talk about what Brian has shown us OFF the field! Let's talk about what YOU have shown us, just on this board! You're just a SPECK in Brian Roberts' universe. Go away!

This post almost works as parody. You are blasting somebody you don't even know and protecting an athlete who has made more money this year to not play than pretty much every poster on this board will make in an entire lifetime. Only in my dreams do I have the problems of Brian Roberts, recurring headaches and migraines while drawing $10 million this year. Instead, I have recurring headaches and migraines and an average salary. That's life. I don't blame Roberts for taking his money and I think he wants to come back and will when he is healthy enough to do so, but the overprotectiveness for him is a bit much.

And yes, he was never much of a hustler on routine ground outs. He didn't get to 50 doubles a year through hustle; he got there by hitting balls in the gaps and jogging into second. He's never been a hard-nosed kind of player. This has been obvious to those of us who watch the team for many years, and has been discussed numerous times in the past.

I don't know what to say. Tony, or anyone, is there something we can do here?

This post almost works as parody. You are blasting somebody you don't even know and protecting an athlete who has made more money this year to not play than pretty much every poster on this board will make in an entire lifetime. Only in my dreams do I have the problems of Brian Roberts, recurring headaches and migraines while drawing $10 million this year. Instead, I have recurring headaches and migraines and an average salary. That's life. I don't blame Roberts for taking his money and I think he wants to come back and will when he is healthy enough to do so, but the overprotectiveness for him is a bit much.

And yes, he was never much of a hustler on routine ground outs. He didn't get to 50 doubles a year through hustle; he got there by hitting balls in the gaps and jogging into second. He's never been a hard-nosed kind of player. This has been obvious to those of us who watch the team for many years, and has been discussed numerous times in the past.

Yeah right. Brian dogging it is OBVIOUS to "US" who have bee watching this team...

I thought I was watching this team... when Brian was active, he seemed to give it 115%... JMO...

I can't affect it... Brian can't seem to get his ass back on the ML field! :(

Like Cindy... I just want my Brian back on the field. :(

I dont think Brian is milking his injuries. But I will say he was pretty quick to pack it in year after year. NO one forced him to take the extention he signed. He didnt want to play for a loser team like the Orioles anymore but after seeing no one would meet our trade demands and seeing that that the economy was cratering in 08-09 he took the sure money. I feel he wanted to walk right then. But we gave him more than he was likely to get on the market right then.

How much of a career he has left is open to debate. If he doesnt heal completely this off season and soon. Soon enough that he can hit the weights and work on his skills. Because next year he will be 35 and coming off one awful season. If you were a betting man you would have to figure he might be close to done here. The run and gun Roberts is likely a thing of the path just counting the age factor.

His fielding was already diminishing quite a bit. Do we really need him to be a cautious fielder and diminished base stealer getting 5-6 homers with 20-25 doubles? Thats all I see for him now anyway.

Our one hope is the extended time off will allow his back to heal completely and the head will be back to normal by October and allow him to really push his body for next season.

You need to seriously chill out!

This thread became more intense than I would have thought...BRob has been one of my FAVS for years....neurologic injuries can be very unpredictable, but I hope that Brian recovers completely and wins A.L Comeback Player of the Year in 2012!!

Possible but highly improbable. I miss him as much as most others do here, on the OH. But at turning 34 in Oct., he's heading towards the downside of his career, even without the back and concussion issues. His age and injuries are not working in his favor.

Still, I hope you're right.

This thread became more intense than I would have thought...BRob has been one of my FAVS for years....neurologic injuries can be very unpredictable, but I hope that Brian recovers completely and wins A.L Comeback Player of the Year in 2012!!

We agree 100&

I love My Perfect One!!!:hearts::hearts:

Archived