9/5 Uniforms vs. The U

PrivateO

Living out here in Oregon, all my friend's are commenting about how ugly MDs uniforms are and how they are simply trying to outdo Nike.

I tell them, "that's the point.... you're talking about them and they are the 2nd/3rd best team in their division. Consider them successful!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love them' date=' but I agree that either the helmet or shoulder should be reversed to match the actual flag.[/quote']

This. I think they would have been fantastic with the alternating crests. Like the loud uni for a school like MD, that doesn't have to keep "history" in the forefront. Great idea to let UA showcase unis through the school. Just think they dropped the ball not alternating the crests on shoulder pads/helmet. Loved the gloves, sleeves and shoes, too.

Living out here in Oregon, all my friend's are commenting about how ugly MDs uniforms are and how they are simply trying to outdo Nike.

I tell them, "that's the point.... you're talking about them and they are the 2nd/3rd best team in their division. Consider them successful!"

Exactly! Mike Golic is on ESPN going on and on (and on) about how ugly the uniforms were. It's like he can't comprehend that they were intentionally outrageous and meant to be a spectacle.

He's like the person that marvels at all the staged MTV Music Awards stunts for weeks afterwards. "Can you believe Borat stuck his butt in Eminem's face like that!?"

As a Penn State guy, I'm jealous of those uniforms. I think they are freakishly awesome!

Can we trade? Penn State's uniforms are one of my favorites of college football, although I don't like that they are dropping the blue/white trim on the sleeves and the collar.

The Maryland flag pattern on the shoulders is interesting, maybe not the best they could do, but I can live with it. It's attention grabbing, different, and that's fine. But, I'm sorry, the helmet is a disgrace. A complete and utter disgrace. When designing anything, I suggest refraining from utilizing Homer Simpson's make-up gun to make patterns and designs, because that's exactly what it looks like. Than again, had it been set on "whore" maybe I would have liked it more.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/09/06/more-corporate-bull****-who-really-cares/

Nice takedown of UA by Paul Lukas. Not the uniforms themselves, but how the company decided to promote them.

EDIT: http://www.uni-watch.com/

Unfortunately the direct link URL contains a word the forum filter finds verboten, so this is the home page. Easy to find once you get there, though.

Archived