Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

Was just told that talks with the Mets have started back up concerning Ramon Hernandez. Instad of the the "blue chip" prospect we were looking for we may go aver a very good young major league player and a mid level prospect. At least they're talking somewhat.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just told that talks with the Mets have started back up concerning Ramon Hernandez. Instad of the the "blue chip" prospect we were looking for we may go aver a very good young major league player and a mid level prospect. At least they're talking somewhat.

glad to hear it, thanks

Well I read that the Mets dont want to go after any of the other FA catchers. They want to go through a trade.

A person familiar with the Mets' thinking told Newsday that he doesn't see the club turning back to Paul Lo Duca now that Yorvit Torrealba is out of the mix.

The Mets don't seem to have much interest in Michael Barrett or Jason Kendall, so it's either Lo Duca or a trade. They reportedly have engaged in talks with the Orioles regarding Ramon Hernandez and the Rangers about Gerald Laird, but they didn't like the price in either case. Maybe now they'll kick the tires on Brian Schneider, Ronny Paulino or Miguel Olivo.

I wonder who a good young major league player would be.

That sounds like a much more reasonable price tag for Ramon. I would think the chances are much better asking for something like that, and it could still payoff big time in the long run. Any idea what types of names would fall into those categories?

Who's the very good young ML player on the Mets? Milledge? Gomez? I thought the Mets turned down a Humber/Ramon trade and I'd hardly consider Humber "blue chip".:confused:

Archived