Talks with Mets pick back up

bigbird

I would be willing to Bedard and Ramon for Milledge, Heilman, Pelfrey, Gomez and Humber. I would prefer a Dodger deal becuase they have better position propects. The Mets really just have Milledge and Gomez who are both outfielders. I am not even sure the Mets would do this but I would need the quantity to make it worth while.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the "very good young major league player" is Ambiorix Burgos? He would fit with the FO's expressed intention to address pitching this offseason and he did close some with KC.

I also wonder if the Torrealba talks are completely dead or just stalled.

Burgos just underwnt Tommy John surgery & the talks with Torrealba are dead according to the Mets FO

I've heard from several places (don't remember where off the top of my head), that a lot of scouts view Fernando Martinez as the next Manny Ramirez...that's enough to have me sold.

Martinez is the one guy I do not think the Mets would trade...even for Santana or Bedard. He's a long way from being a major leaguer, so he might not be the prototypical MacPhail target either.

Milledge & Gomez are probably off the table unless a frontline pitcher is involved. Bedard could certainly pry one of them away as part of a package.

Martinez is the one guy I do not think the Mets would trade...even for Santana or Bedard. He's a long way from being a major leaguer, so he might not be the prototypical MacPhail target either.

Milledge & Gomez are probably off the table unless a frontline pitcher is involved. Bedard could certainly pry one of them away as part of a package.

From what I hear on FAN, it doesn't seem that the Mets are all that sold on Milledge.

is Joe Smith out of the question?

Smith is a Chad Bradford disciple with a similar submarine delivery. He started out great last season, but then the league kind of caught up to him.

As part of a package, there's nothing wrong with him, but he can't be the centerpiece. Having him and Bradford in the same pen would be absolutely reduntant (No, I don't think the Mets would be interested in bringing Bradford back to Queens)

You guys dont have a clue what your talking about no way we deal bedard unless we get back a middle of a line up bat or front of the rotation starter for a start. It would take something like milledge who the mets are down on gomez cabrera and umber or pelfrey maybe with hernandez itll take a little more. i live in new york and therefore im pretty familiar with these guys mark my words

You guys dont have a clue what your talking about no way we deal bedard unless we get back a middle of a line up bat or front of the rotation starter for a start. It would take something like milledge who the mets are down on gomez cabrera and umber or pelfrey maybe with hernandez itll take a little more. i live in new york and therefore im pretty familiar with these guys mark my words

Not very familiar with punctuation though, huh? That was incredibly hard to read.

I do agree that the Mets will have to give up the farm though if they want Bedard involved, but that's pretty obvious.

Archived