Nolan Reimold and the Infield Single

OFFNY

o

This afternoon, Nolan Reimold started the winning rally in the 10th inning today with his 14th infield single of the season. Of his 52 hits overall this season, 32 of them have been singles ........ hence, almost half of his singles have been of the infield variety. He also gives it his best effort when he is on base to get the extra bag if at all possible. One thing that Reimold cannot be accused of is not hustling on the base-paths. lll :clap:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=reimono01&year=2011&t=b

o

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet we would see a lot of thread titles like this if JK Rowling posted here.

I have no idea how, but I accidentally gave you negative rep for this post, when I was trying to give you positive! This is hilarious. Sorry for the accidental neg rep! I'll try to make up for it somewhere else.

Reimold has the 2nd best home plate to first time in the majors.
Is this real?
I would be shocked if it is. Reimold is fast down the line but batting right handed puts him at a disadvantage.

Correct, second fastest time of any RH hitter. That's pretty impressive, and yes, it leads to a lot of infield hits. You have to hand it to Reimold that he has a good eye, good power and can get to 1B in a hurry.

Great8 said:

I have no idea how, but I accidentally gave you negative rep for this post, when I was trying to give you positive! This is hilarious. Sorry for the accidental neg rep! I'll try to make up for it somewhere else.

o

I just gave him a greenie to make up for your mistake.

o

Correct, second fastest time of any RH hitter. That's pretty impressive, and yes, it leads to a lot of infield hits. You have to hand it to Reimold that he has a good eye, good power and can get to 1B in a hurry.

I knew people kept crazy baseball stats (some quite useless), but this is perhaps the craziest. Does anyone know how this is calculated? Clearly a stopwatch, but more particularly, is the ranking based on the AVERAGE time from home to first over the season? Or, is the ranking based on a player's FASTEST time from home to first during the season?

I'm awestruck in thinking someone times every player from home to first EVERY AT BAT during a season to get this number.

I thought I had heard it all!

Archived