Astros possibly moving to AL?

ChaosLex

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not difficult if you don't mind having the Twins play the Marlins for each teams' final series.

Would anyone be worried about that, though?

I mean, they already adjust the schedule so that teams are playing division games at the end of the season. It wouldn't be too hard to make sure next season that the last interleague series is something like Astros-Orioles, or another one that is similarly unlikely to matter much.

No what was insane was naming an owner commissioner.

You won't get any argument from me. I still recognize the commissioner-in-exile Fay Vincent.

(Aside: wouldn't it be cool if he WERE acting as "commissioner-in-exile"? If he went to Canada or someplace and took over a semi-pro league there and ran that as MLB?)

Also if this is really going to happen are they going to do away with the DH. If its total interleague play I certainly hope so.

I would guess if the DH is changed, it would be the NL adopting it, not the AL abandoning it. Chicks dig the long ball.

OMG, I meant to say that do away with the Pitchers batting rule. I hate that aspect of NL ball, I don't care if its traditional. Stupid phone made me say 100% opposite of how I feel.

If its full interleague play then there should always be a DH.

OMG, I meant to say that do away with the Pitchers batting rule. I hate that aspect of NL ball, I don't care if its traditional. Stupid phone made me say 100% opposite of how I feel.

If its full interleague play then there should always be a DH.

Obviously your phone is a baseball "purist" and Bud Selig demands you dispose of it at once!

I'm not a big fan of interleague play but Billy Ripken had an interesting idea the other night on the MLB network about scheduling.. assuming the Astros move and each league is even at 15 teams, he suggested a balanced schedule with each AL team playing 8 games against every other AL team, which ends up being 112 games per team. Additonally, each AL team would play each NL team 3 games per year, which ends up being another 45 interleague games for each team. Add them together and you've got a 157 game season that is perfectly balanced. I'm not sure if it's leaning too heavily towards interleague play but I thought it was a creative solution.

I'm not a big fan of interleague play but Billy Ripken had an interesting idea the other night on the MLB network about scheduling.. assuming the Astros move and each league is even at 15 teams, he suggested a balanced schedule with each AL team playing 8 games against every other AL team, which ends up being 112 games per team. Additonally, each AL team would play each NL team 3 games per year, which ends up being another 45 interleague games for each team. Add them together and you've got a 157 game season that is perfectly balanced. I'm not sure if it's leaning too heavily towards interleague play but I thought it was a creative solution.

That's brilliant, in my opinion.

Not gonna happen, for this to happen we all know MLB has to get Joe Girardi's permission along with the rest of the yankees. A balanced schedule would mean everyone gets to feast on the O's, the yankees wouldn't want anyone cutting in on their action.

In all seriousness, I would like 15/15 and a balanced schedule please.

Archived