vs. RED SOX 9/19 (Game One)

OFFNY

You just know Gregg is gonna give up a walk-off grand slam to Big Poopy of all people. How fitting would that be?

Big Poopy just had a pitcher and a defensive team play him perfectly. Telegraphed, even. Like they knew exactly what he'd do.

They played him on the shift and Rapada tossed him a ball that he'd hit that way. Bam. Out number one.

That's smart baseball, O's!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do those "unwritten" rules work again? The batter has to meekly circle the bases and not watch the ball flight when he homers but the pitcher can gloat and beat his chest when he K's one???? :scratchchinhmm:

I don't think Aceves is that type of player. Very big strikeout there for him. When guys do that crap in meaningless games or every game, then they're wrong.

e.g. Papelbon, Valverde, etc.

How do those "unwritten" rules work again? The batter has to meekly circle the bases and not watch the ball flight when he homers but the pitcher can gloat and beat his chest when he K's one???? :scratchchinhmm:

I think one of my favorite plays of the last few years was when Huff hit a big homer off of Joba and went around the bases pumping his fist and arm and imitating all of Joba's antics as he circled the bases.

Archived