Bigger Bust?

Hank Scorpio

Who's the bigger disappointment?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the bigger disappointment?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, Matusz has been more disappointing.

However, I don't like to label a guy a bust until his career is over, or nearly over, which the thread title states, even though the vote itself doesn't.

Well, the term "bust" has been bandied about all over the place for Wieters... so I just figured it was fair to treat Matusz with the same scrutiny.

He has had one of the worst seasons I can remember from an Oriole pitcher. No redeeming qualities. Command stinks, stuff stinks, velocity stinks. He's in the big leagues because he's Brian Matusz. You put that kind of stuff on Zack Clark and he's working at Walgreens right now.

Well, the term "bust" has been bandied about all over the place for Wieters ... so I just figured it was fair to treat Matusz with the same scrutiny.

I understand your frustration completely, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. It is clear that Wieters has been labeled very unfairly by a number of posters. I think Wieters' long, gradual evolution into a top-notch catcher on both defense and offense is plenty of vindication for him. :)

Archived