Manny Ramirez says he is seeking reinstatement, will serve 100-game suspension

SammyBirdland

Manny Ramirez, upon learning he will not be able to play winter ball in the Dominican Republic because he's on MLB's inactive list, told ESPNdeportes.com Thursday that he will formally request reinstatement.

Ramirez said that upon reentry, he would serve his 100-game suspension for a second violation of MLB's drug policy.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7005342/manny-ramirez-says-seeking-reinstatement-serve-100-game-suspension

Good luck finding a team that's interested in signing you, Manny. There aren't a lot of organizations saying, "I know what we need! A washed-up aging slugger who wouldn't be available to us for the first 100 games of the season."

I don't know - maybe he can pay us to "sign" him and put him on the inactive list. We can use that coin to sign Ki'la. :laughlol:

Like Bonds at the end he will find no takers. No upside for teams now. He likely wont produce anywhere near the headache he will cause.
Even with Bonds' reputation I was surprised no one picked him up the during the playoff races in the 2008 season. A 181 OPS+ is nothing to sneeze at.

Archived