MD vs Temple 9/24

Birds of B'more

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the game today but have been reading and listening to the talk shows and it appears DOB is missing receivers and not the same QB we saw last year. I think he needs his vision checked. There is something wrong. Does Tate need to move back to his old position? Weak offensive and defensive lines. Why? Both pushed around today. I read on one of the MD sites the crowd was 39,000 and two thirds left in the third quarter. Will somebody tell Under Armour to stop the publicity stunt with the uniforms now. All of the free advertising they are getting for controversial uniforms should be stopped. If the team doens't play better it will hurt their business and the school's image. Just go back to the old uniforms and stop the show.

I didn't see the game today but have been reading and listening to the talk shows and it appears DOB is missing receivers and not the same QB we saw last year. I think he needs his vision checked. There is something wrong. Does Tate need to move back to his old position? Weak offensive and defensive lines. Why? Both pushed around today. I read on one of the MD sites the crowd was 39,000 and two thirds left in the third quarter. Will somebody tell Under Armour to stop the publicity stunt with the uniforms now. All of the free advertising they are getting for controversial uniforms should be stopped. If the team doens't play better it will hurt their business and the school's image. Just go back to the old uniforms and stop the show.

Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of seeing them trot out there with a different uniform every week. Just go back to the old uniform and worry more about playing football than making a fashion statement.

When MD achieves Oregon's status as a football program, then they can push the envelope on the uniforms. Until then they should focus on building a Top 20 team.

Do you think Edsall and company are not focusing on that because Under Armour made a bunch of uniforms for them?

Edsall and the coaches are less likely to lose focus. I think the kids can get too caught up in being a MD football player, the "perks" of being the UA flagship school, their press clippings, how they look and what people are saying about their "cool" uniforms. In short, they get too into being a football player rather than playing football.

The uniforms look great when you're winning but you're a laughinstock when your defense tries to tackle everyone by trying to simply throw a shoulder into someone.

If you are worried about the uniforms, then you are focused on the wrong thing. MDs problems the last two weeks aren't the uniforms. They look out of sync on offense. The suspension of Tyler and McCree probably have a lot to do with that. The offensive line has been pretty underwhelming. The defense has yet to show anything. Even the punt team had one blocked for the first time in about 12 years.

Edsall and the coaches are less likely to lose focus. I think the kids can get too caught up in being a MD football player, the "perks" of being the UA flagship school, their press clippings, how they look and what people are saying about their "cool" uniforms. In short, they get too into being a football player rather than playing football.

The uniforms look great when you're winning but you're a laughinstock when your defense tries to tackle everyone by trying to simply throw a shoulder into someone.

I highly doubt the uniforms have anything to do with the loss.

Archived