Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad move for the Angels IMO. They have plenty of pitching OCAB is better than Tejada and any other available SS. Wood is not ready and Aybar is just not as good as OCAB. Really can't see LA's logic here.
If they want MCab, Garland frees up a young SP to mave in trade for him.

LA needs a SS and Wood would likely be in any MCab trade so this doesn't really make sense as if they dealt for MCab they would still have the hole at SS, unless they plan on playing Aybar there. The Orioles would ask for Wood back in a Tejada deal as well one would think...

I think the writing is on the wall now. I am just saying...

I hope that Tejada is moving that way...

To me the writing on the wall spells MCab first. With Garland the Angels can afford to trade a nice package of young SP, maybe even Weaver. If I wanted Tejada I wouldn't trade OCab.

I would trade Tejada for Wood straight up if it came down to that.

I would too. The fact that Garland was what Angels got in return leads me to think Tejada for Wood/Santana is what is going to happen.

If the Angels were going after MCab my guess they would have traded Cabrera for Prospects not Garland.

I would too. The fact that Garland was what Angels got in return leads me to think Tejada for Wood/Santana is what is going to happen.

If the Angels were going after MCab my guess they would have traded Cabrera for Prospects not Garland.

Why would they trade their best option at SS for Tejada? Garland allows them to include one of Adenhart, Saunders or Weaver to include with Santana in a trade for MCab.

Why would they trade their best option at SS for Tejada? Garland allows them to include one of Adenhart, Saunders or Weaver to include with Santana in a trade for MCab.

Tejada is still a SS. He isn't going to play 3rd base next season. Wood won't be needed and Figgins could fill in at 3rd.

If they went for MCab, the package would have to be so much bigger.

Tejada is still a SS. He isn't going to play 3rd base next season. Wood won't be needed and Figgins could fill in at 3rd.

If they went for MCab, the package would have to be so much bigger.

Why would you trade OCab to replace him with Tejada? You might trade Wood, to play Tejada at 3B. But Tejada is a major defensive downgrade at SS and not all tha that much of an offensive upgrade over OCab.

Archived