Guess what? Now the RedSox hate us as much as we hate them!

Gurgi

Goes to show you that big name FA's are no guarantee. I love how Jennings had a better year than Crawford did. Also, what happened to CC's base running ame this yaer? 18 steals only for a guy who has a large part of his offensive game based on his speed, that's not good.

Crawford's defense also took a nose dive this year, which is why his WAR is so much lower than Werth's, though I think a large part of that is due to Fenway. It was frankly pretty stupid of the Sox to sign a guy with a lot of value tied into being a fast, rangy left fielder just to stick him into the sandbox-sized LF in Fenway, particularly playing next to a fast, rangy CFer in Ellsbury.

It's possible he has lost a step on D, though (see: the fact that he couldn't make the play on Andino's very catchable hit).

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crawford's defense also took a nose dive this year, which is why his WAR is so much lower than Werth's, though I think a large part of that is due to Fenway. It was frankly pretty stupid of the Sox to sign a guy with a lot of value tied into being a fast, rangy left fielder just to stick him into the sandbox-sized LF in Fenway, particularly playing next to a fast, rangy CFer in Ellsbury.

It's possible he has lost a step on D, though (see: the fact that he couldn't make the play on Andino's very catchable hit).

I was saying this to anyone who would listen (though, due to circumstances, not here :) ). It remains true. All the worst because his value was largely tied up in defense - moderate OBP, moderate power. Huge UZR. Just an absolutely stupid signing.

I was saying this to anyone who would listen (though, due to circumstances, not here :) ). It remains true. All the worst because his value was largely tied up in defense - moderate OBP, moderate power. Huge UZR. Just an absolutely stupid signing.
Glad to have your opinions back here. That one in particular was spot on.

Archived