Source: MacPhail Out as GM

MatthewW

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a betting man I would guess that Buck is gonna stay in the dugout with a bigger stick than the average manager in terms of player personnel and development decisions. I am also gonna guess the Orioles will go with a younger less experienced guy @ GM, this is why likely they wanted Andy to stick around as an advisor to take some of the burden off Buck during the transition. I do not think for one minute that there was ever a time were AM was gonna stay on as GM, think it was about trying to get him to sta as advisor/mentor for whomever they settle in on for GM.

This sounds right. McPhail wanted out. Angelos doggedly tried to get him to stay as an advisor (spy). Just like everybody said.

Andy said he'd think about it (percolate, let Pete down easy). Andy finally bailed. Likea protracted break up.

Angelos = Buck/Angelos

Derek Lee was another 50/50 situation. It was either him or Adam LaRoche.

Considering his departure was the unanimous expectation for months, anyway, until only very recently with some doubt cast onto it, I guess you like these odds.

No player signing is 50/50, do you understand odds? The odds of us signing an actual first baseman weren't 50/50 so how was the Derek Lee signing 50/50? I take insider information with a grain of salt, just unsure of why you are arguing the point. Andy MacPhail could stay or go so that seems like a 50/50 scenario to me except that he gave us a timeline. If this doesn't break today or tomorrow than so be it, no harm no foul. Wake me when the Orioles sell the team as the next GM is just the new guy who will get the "Last GM" title once Peter Angelos decides that 3 more losing seasons must be his fault or said GM decided that sometimes it just isn't worth it.

If I were a betting man I would guess that Buck is gonna stay in the dugout with a bigger stick than the average manager in terms of player personnel and development decisions. I am also gonna guess the Orioles will go with a younger less experienced guy @ GM, this is why likely they wanted Andy to stick around as an advisor to take some of the burden off Buck during the transition. I do not think for one minute that there was ever a time were AM was gonna stay on as GM, think it was about trying to get him to sta as advisor/mentor for whomever they settle in on for GM.

Great so 1.5 GM's verses the two-headed monster, brilliant! Showalter should have some influence, but it should be the GM and not Showalter who has final say of who is added or deleted. Buck's job is modify those players and get them ready to be the best players that they could be. Input yes, influence? No. The Orioles are a busted, busted organization.

Great so 1.5 GM's verses the two-headed monster, brilliant! Showalter should have some influence, but it should be the GM and not Showalter who has final say of who is added or deleted. Buck's job is modify those players and get them ready to be the best players that they could be. Input yes, influence? No. The Orioles are a busted, busted organization.
I was told again that Andy is not leaving the organization.

No idea how up to date this is.

Rosenthal has it via twitter:

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Sources: MacPhail out as #Orioles press of bb ops. Will not return in any capacity. Showalter expected to remain mgr; situation fluid. #MLB

Latest Ken Rosenthal tweet:

Sources: MacPhail out as #Orioles press of bb ops. Will not return in any capacity. Showalter expected to remain mgr; situation fluid. #MLB

Well alright, here we go.

Thanks for posting this fellas.

Archived