Source: MacPhail Out as GM

MatthewW

Buck staying in the dugout will make this a really interesting couple of weeks. I just can't trust Angelos to make a good hire. As much as I don't want a manager picking his GM, he would be much better able to evaluate a quality GM than Peter Angelos, no?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Connolly via the Twitter:

It appears Andy MacPhail is stepping down as president of baseball operations to deal w family obligations . 1 source called it imminent.

I must say, hell of a dig by MatthewW. Very well done, and I really appreciate you sharing that info with us.

He called the Lee signing last off season too.

True...but neither were really out of the blue predictions, they were 50/50 possibilities, and people were whispering Lee for weeks before that.

If he could tell me who is replacing him more than 4 minutes before it's out as public knowledge on Twitter I'd be a little more impressed.

Sorry, MatthewW, no offense intended, just gotta be skeptical around these parts after the stuff we've seen here.

True...but neither were really out of the blue predictions, they were 50/50 possibilities, and people were whispering Lee for weeks before that.

If he could tell me who is replacing him more than 4 minutes before it's out as public knowledge on Twitter I'd be a little more impressed.

Sorry, MatthewW, no offense intended, just gotta be skeptical around these parts after the stuff we've seen here.

Gotta give it to him, he beat Ken Rosenthal on the scoop by three hours.

Andy MacPhail era over per Ken Rosenthal: "Sources: MacPhail out as #Orioles press of bb ops. Will not return in any capacity. Showalter expected to remain mgr; situation fluid."

Connolly and Roch confirmed it too.

Edit: and so has Britt...

Rumors MacPhail has opted against possible contract extension are true. Done oct 31, more coming on orioles.com

I guess you just have to take what you can get. His OP was three hours before Connolly broke it, though.

More info:

Britt:

Rumors MacPhail has opted against possible contract extension are true. Done oct 31, more coming on orioles.com

http://twitter.com/#!/Britt_Ghiroli/status/122477821984653312

It seems like PA, really, really, really wanted him back.

Archived