Source: MacPhail Out as GM

MatthewW

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now we at least have hope that things will change.

The roadblock has been removed and it's time for the Orioles to have a historic offseason...

Can't you at least admit that one of the "roadblock's" has been removed with PA being the other?

The roadblock has been removed and it's time for the Orioles to have a historic offseason...

And you get to keep following the team and suffering with the rest of us.

I guess you just have to take what you can get. His OP was three hours before Connolly broke it, though.

More info:

Britt:

http://twitter.com/#!/Britt_Ghiroli/status/122477821984653312

It seems like PA, really, really, really wanted him back.

True, but he also said he was out as GM which is pretty hard to do since it's a position he's never been in with the club. Sorry, if it was another day or two before the story broke I'd be a little more impressed I guess. I know I sound like a jerk about it, I'd like to think if someone had real inside info they would refrain from posting it on a public website that the team monitors and outing someone as a leak. I know Tony knows a lot of info way before he tells us publicly on here until the time is more appropriate for similar reasons.

You realize Buck and Peter wanted him to stay. What makes you think they will suddenly want to take another course?

True, but he also said he was out as GM which is pretty hard to do since it's a position he's never been in with the club. Sorry, if it was another day or two before the story broke I'd be a little more impressed I guess. I know I sound like a jerk about it, I'd like to think if someone had real inside info they would refrain from posting it on a public website that the team monitors and outing someone as a leak. I know Tony knows a lot of info way before he tells us publicly on here until the time is more appropriate for similar reasons.

I get where you're coming from--personally, I'll just take what I can get at this point.

Really? It is interesting to me that you don't recognize this problem.

By most/all accounts PA has tried to keep AM here.

To me that would tend to indicate that PA liked how AM operated yet you somehow think PA is going to go hire AM's opposite.

What if this wasn't officially decided until earlier today which seems entirely possible?

I was skeptical when he first posted too BTW, but I'm buying it now.

So curiosity wise, how will it impact your opinion if a new GM comes in and the team takes a similar route that it has in the past? Would you post a mea culpa?

Yeah I didn't mean to sound super snarky about it, I kinda feel bad now. You know how it's been around here though...this happens every single offseason.

Yeah, the low point was probably Delgado and Ruth's Chris in terms of silly insider stuff. Nothing needs to be said about the Tex fiasco.

Matthew just has a legit track record at this point. I don't think he does it for the attention/hype.

Archived