ALCS: Tigers/Rangers Thread

The Rick

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that too. Thought he said postseason. That can't be right...

When you think of some of the big post-season homers in history, none of them were with the bases juiced, so who knows. The playoffs are just a different kind of pressure. It wouldn't surprise if it's true.

When you think of some of the big post-season homers in history, none of them were with the bases juiced, so who knows. The playoffs are just a different kind of pressure. It wouldn't surprise if it's true.

It would surprise me. Postseason means every World Series ever. That's a lot of games.

It would surprise me. Postseason means every World Series ever. That's a lot of games.

I hear ya man... it's hard to wrap your brain around.

That said, I just watched SportsCenter and they too are claiming that it's the 1st post-season grand slam ever. Crazy.

I hear ya man... it's hard to wrap your brain around.

That said, I just watched SportsCenter and they too are claiming that it's the 1st post-season grand slam ever. Crazy.

First post-season one ever or game ending? I could have swore I read Mike Cuellar hit one in the 1969 ALCS. It's crazy though. Until last year, Larsen's perfect game was the only no hitter ever pitched in the playoffs.

First post-season one ever or game ending? I could have swore I read Mike Cuellar hit one in the 1969 ALCS. It's crazy though. Until last year, Larsen's perfect game was the only no hitter ever pitched in the playoffs.

He did say walk off.

Pretty impressive it's the only one in the postseason ever. Seems confirmed. :eek:

He did say walk off.

Pretty impressive it's the only one in the postseason ever. Seems confirmed. :eek:

Oops my mistake. Yeah it is crazy. Lot of crazy stats when it comes to postseason in sports as a whole not just baseball. There's never been a Super Bowl that's gone into OT for example. From what I understand there's only been two walk offs that have ended World Series: Bill Mazaroski in 1960 and Joe Carter in 1993. These have been an exciting playoffs so far. I am hoping the Tigers bounce back and make this one close too.

o

(GAME THREE)

RANGERS

Ian Kinsler 2B

Elvis Andrus SS

Josh Hamilton - CF

Michael Young - 1B

Adrian Beltre - 3B

Mike Napoli - DH

Nelson Cruz - RF

Yorvit Torrealba - C

Endy Chavez - LF