Midnight Madness

Floater

It is this Friday and I figured we could start talking about this season and not recruiting. If that big man is as good as advertised and gets cleared by the NCAA, he could put up similar numbers to JWill, at least most of his production in rebounding will be accounted for. The scoring will only improve from the young guards. The Terps could be at least as good as last year, if not better if all goes well.

But for Midnight Madness, looks like we get to see the 2002 NC team play together, should be awesome. I'm sure Gary will have a big part on Friday Night. Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJ3FI1yyyo&feature=player_embedded

Also, the MD-Duke soccer game is at 7 so I know a bunch of students will be at that before hand. Hopefully we get a win and get everyone pumped up. Can't wait to see the whole 2002 team back in action. Just wish that Baxter was going to be there. I'm not sure if Gary will even be there. I feel like he might want to take a step back and let this be Turgeon's day. I'd definitely love for Gary to be there though.

I'm more psyched for this Madness than usual. I have a feeling that Anderson won't skimp on this like Yow loved to. God, I hate her. She is the ultimate fun ruiner. /rant

It is this Friday and I figured we could start talking about this season and not recruiting. If that big man is as good as advertised and gets cleared by the NCAA, he could put up similar numbers to JWill, at least most of his production in rebounding will be accounted for. The scoring will only improve from the young guards. The Terps could be at least as good as last year, if not better if all goes well.

But for Midnight Madness, looks like we get to see the 2002 NC team play together, should be awesome. I'm sure Gary will have a big part on Friday Night. Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJ3FI1yyyo&feature=player_embedded

That's a couple of big "IFs" there, particularly the second one.

That's a couple of big "IFs" there, particularly the second one.

Of course it is, what else are fans to do but to think about the what ifs with their team, otherwise with this team, there would not be much to hope about this year.

I think this team can suprise some people. I think a lot of people are assuming a bad year but I can see them being a 7 or 8 win team with an outside shot at sneaking into the NCAAs. Either way, I'll definitely be interested in watching Turg and the style of play he brings to the program.

I think this team can suprise some people. I think a lot of people are assuming a bad year but I can see them being a 7 or 8 win team with an outside shot at sneaking into the NCAAs. Either way, I'll definitely be interested in watching Turg and the style of play he brings to the program.

That's what I take solace in this season. Even if we are a bad team, as some say we are, I'm going to be really interested to find out how Turgeon coaches and what he can get out of different types of players. We have been used to mediocre talent overachieving because of great coaching. It will be interesting to see what Turgeon can do with the level of talent on this team before the big guns hopefully arrive in the coming years.

BTW....It is back to starting at Midnight right???? I had heard that was in the works and assume with the title of the thread it is confirmed. That was one of the stupidest things Yow ever did changing the start time. Also, any live TV coverage???

BTW....It is back to starting at Midnight right???? I had heard that was in the works and assume with the title of the thread it is confirmed. That was one of the stupidest things Yow ever did changing the start time. Also, any live TV coverage???

It is not starting at midnight. Festivities start at approx 9:30. The basketball should probably play at something like 10:30 or maybe a little later. I believe it was on Comcast Sports Net last year. Hopefully it will be again.

It really should be at midnight. Their excuse was that putting it at midnight would be make it too tough for the general public to come out. I call BS.

Looking for the silver lining to the NBA lockout? Look no further.

@greivisvasquez

Greivis Vasquez

I'm going to be at Maryland Madness and I want to play in the alumni game!

With Dixon and Francis already expected to play, Terps fans can finally see a backcourt of Dixon/Francis/Vasquez in someplace other than their dreams.

Looking for the silver lining to the NBA lockout? Look no further.

With Dixon and Francis already expected to play' date=' Terps fans can finally see a backcourt of Dixon/Francis/Vasquez in someplace other than their dreams.[/quote']

I'mm hoping that the athletic department actually sees this tweet and gets in contact with him!

Their excuse was that putting it at midnight would be make it too tough for the general public to come out. I call BS.

It didn't when I was a student. LOTS of people filled up Cole. Of course, lots of alcohol filled us up before the event. But it was always a good time, and things never ever got out of hand.

Archived