Roch: Next GM must be on same page as Buck

ChaosLex

Yeah, rather absurd.

It's also absurd that he says well if we had Holliday and Tex, but ignores Figgins and Lackey (I think he wanted him, you did too :P) and whoever else he wanted that hasn't panned out. He probably wanted Soriano and Carlos Lee too. :D

Meanwhile, Tex has been disappointing and of course the team wouldn't be that good even with him and Tex.

Yea, I did want Lackey. Shocking that he has fallen off THIS much.

As for Lee...he uses that as an example of PA's willingness to spend money but that he was told not to by Flanny. In other words, he thinks its a positive.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frobby brought this up and I agree - Lackey might be an interesting "buy low" candidate as I think folks are ready to run him out of Boston...

The guy was an ace. And it sounds like he just stopped trying. He might want to try to redeem himself in Baltimore, a place I think he said he liked to pitch IIRC.

Granted the Sox would have to eat a ton of salary, but they might do it just to get rid of him...

Yeah, rather absurd.

It's also absurd that he says well if we had Holliday and Tex, but ignores Figgins and Lackey (I think he wanted him, you did too :P) and whoever else he wanted that hasn't panned out. He probably wanted Soriano and Carlos Lee too. :D

Meanwhile, Tex has been disappointing and of course the team wouldn't be that good even with him and Holliday.

We'd possibly be 9-10 wins better.

Frobby brought this up and I agree - Lackey might be an interesting "buy low" candidate as I think folks are ready to run him out of Boston...

The guy was an ace. And it sounds like he just stopped trying. He might want to try to redeem himself in Baltimore, a place I think he said he liked to pitch IIRC.

Granted the Sox would have to eat a ton of salary, but they might do it just to get rid of him...

I don't want Lackey. At all. That being said, I didn't realize his FIP was so low relative to his ERA--it stands at 4.71

I may reconsider if he brings his friend chicken and beer though.

Whoop de do! we'd be 79 instead of 69 W's. You really don't get it.

This is not a 69 win team, more like a 75 win team, and with a commitment to Tex and Holliday, the Orioles would have gone all in IMO to compete with them anyway.

That's part of the reason I'd like them to make that type of investment. Once you have a contract like Tex and/or Holliday, you'd better be committed to winning to maximize that investment.

With no contracts like that on the books, there's no urgency to win.

This is not a 69 win team, more like a 75 win team, and with a commitment to Tex and Holliday, the Orioles would have gone all in IMO to compete with them anyway.

That's part of the reason I'd like them to make that type of investment. Once you have a contract like Tex and/or Holliday, you'd better be committed to winning to maximize that investment.

With no contracts like that on the books, there's no urgency to win.

You just don't get it...The Orioles can not afford two 20+ million dollar players.

Lackey was never an ace. At his prime in Anaheim, he was a solid #2. I'd "kick the tires" on him under the right scenario, but Boston would have to eat a ton of his contract, which they wll probably do to get him out of town. No way he pitches another inning in The Fens for the home team

You just don't get it...The Orioles can not afford two 20+ million dollar players.

Don't forget Figgins and Lackey.:D

If the O's had those 2 plus Tex and Holliday, they could have added 7 aWAR (a for average between f and r WAR's) for only 65 or so million. What a deal!

Don't forget Figgins and Lackey.:D

If the O's had those 2 plus Tex and Holliday, they could have added 7 aWAR (a for average between f and r WAR's) for only 65 or so million. What a deal!

But you are missing the biggest point! If we had all of those guys, AM would have proven that he has his PHD in wining and dining and that our payroll would be 150M...therefore, all of that means we will win it all!!!!

:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::thumbsup1::smile11:

Archived