Terps vs. C-L-E-M-S-O.........N

glenn__davis

Round 2 of the GT-Clemson-FSU gauntlet.

Clemson is very talented. Tough to envision the Terps winning this one, but if they can somehow pull it off, coming off the strong showing last week in GT, it could be a turning point.

Edsall keeping the QB decision close to the vest. I am sure John-OH is not happy about that, though I am also sure that he would not be happy if a decision had been made by now. :)

Who would you guys go with? I think you start with DOB, but if he continues to be as bad as he's been the past 3-4 weeks, you make the switch and give Brown another chance.

I'll take the Tigers by 10.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Round 2 of the GT-Clemson-FSU gauntlet.

Clemson is very talented. Tough to envision the Terps winning this one, but if they can somehow pull it off, coming off the strong showing last week in GT, it could be a turning point.

Edsall keeping the QB decision close to the vest. I am sure John-OH is not happy about that, though I am also sure that he would not be happy if a decision had been made by now. :)

Who would you guys go with? I think you start with DOB, but if he continues to be as bad as he's been the past 3-4 weeks, you make the switch and give Brown another chance.

I'll take the Tigers by 10.

You can't blame John though. I don't know what they do in that school but at some point they are indoctrinated to love the school's basketball and football coach. I picture them being given sweat suits and nikes and being forced to sit in a room and watch "highlights" of the programs until they are in a catatonic state of mind. Then, they here a whisper, "Gary Williams is God, and Friedgen is a demi-God. Smite all who say otherwise!" :D

Seriously though, Edsall has done little to help himself since the Miami win. The team has been terrible and DOB looks utterly lost in the new offensive system. Add in the fact that you can't follow the players during the game because there are no names on the back of whatever ridiculous jersey they are wearing and you really have a lot of fans tuning them out already and its not even mid-October.

I won't draw a conclusion until Edsall gets his own guys in here, but this looks like a lost transition year at best.

The team has been terrible and DOB looks utterly lost in the new offensive system.

In all fairness, they've been "terrible" in 1 game. They gave both WV and GT a good run for their money. If DOB is even a competent QB in either game, we may have pulled on of those off.

They should have handled Towson with more ease, but Towson appears to be a darn good FCS program.

I won't draw a conclusion until Edsall gets his own guys in here, but this looks like a lost transition year at best

I guess that may be why I disagree with some others on here, I was never expecting anything else from MD this year. New coaches, new schemes, mediocre talent. I was hoping we'd get to maybe 6, 7 wins and go to a middling bowl game, and they still have a chance to do just that.

You can't blame John though. I don't know what they do in that school but at some point they are indoctrinated to love the school's basketball and football coach. I picture them being given sweat suits and nikes and being forced to sit in a room and watch "highlights" of the programs until they are in a catatonic state of mind. Then, they here a whisper, "Gary Williams is God, and Friedgen is a demi-God. Smite all who say otherwise!" :D

Seriously though, Edsall has done little to help himself since the Miami win. The team has been terrible and DOB looks utterly lost in the new offensive system. Add in the fact that you can't follow the players during the game because there are no names on the back of whatever ridiculous jersey they are wearing and you really have a lot of fans tuning them out already and its not even mid-October.

I won't draw a conclusion until Edsall gets his own guys in here, but this looks like a lost transition year at best.

C'mon, Tony. You know UMD is an Under Armour school. ;)

As for the Clemson game....yeah, this is one that the Terps should lose quite handily. But history shows that Clemson chokes a game or two every season that they have no business losing. Also, Tajh Boyd is dinged up, even though he's supposed to start. So maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

I'm as certain as I can be without knowing that O'Brien will start. No way, NO WAY, do they start Brown. Unless they've adopted Tech's triple option attack this week. I don't like all this added drama Edsall seems to relish, but whatever. I've given up on him for now. I'll go there and support the players though. And I'll be part of another fantastic tailgate. Pulled chicken, maybe some smoked pulled pork, chilli, and fun and games.

For some reason I just don't see this game being a blowout. I'm not saying we're going to win, but I don't see it being a blowout. I'm just hoping for the best in spite of bad coaches. And if you hear a guy behind the bench heckling Edsall over the burying DJ Adams, it'll be me. Edsall is flat out lying when he says Pickett is better. Nothing against the true frosh, but he's not as good as Adams yet. I plan to remind Edsall of that.

I just wanted to quote this so it would be under John's post, that way we could all revel in how funny and wrong this is :P

Little secretive crap like this, where Edsall acts like this is classified info that could cause an international incident, is among the reasons Edsall rubs me the wrong way. No one has any idea whether Tate has a sprained ankle, torn knee ligament, or if he lost three toes in a freak lawnmower accident. And yet if we did know, the Iranians would win?

Little secretive crap like this, where Edsall acts like this is classified info that could cause an international incident, is among the reasons Edsall rubs me the wrong way. No one has any idea whether Tate has a sprained ankle, torn knee ligament, or if he lost three toes in a freak lawnmower accident. And yet if we did know, the Iranians would win?

Edsall needs a nickname. What do you guys think?

Sargeant Edsall ("Sarge")

"Gunny"

Perhaps Tate is in the doghouse but Edsall doesn't want to say anything more about it b/c he doesn't want his star defensive player to lose face.

Edsall needs a nickname. What do you guys think?

Sargeant Edsall ("Sarge")

"Gunny"

Perhaps Tate is in the doghouse but Edsall doesn't want to say anything more about it b/c he doesn't want his star defensive player to lose face.

Pretty sure Tate is on record as being supportive of Edsall, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, no coach would bench a player of Tate's caliber just for being in the doghouse. This isn't DJ Adams here. There would have to be some serious disciplinary issue, and I don't see that with Tate.

I am more annoyed that they continue to list him at that STAR LB position. Just move him back to safety already.

I think it's probably just what they say it is. Didn't Tony Okanlowan miss an entire season with an "undisclosed illness"?

Archived