Would you trade Brandon Snyder to get Koji back at $4 mm for next year?

Frobby

Would you trade Brandon Snyder to get Koji back for $4 mm for next year?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Brandon Snyder to get Koji back for $4 mm for next year?

Just curious. Koji didn't perform well for the Rangers, and they may not want his $4 mm salary next year. Considering his success for us, would you want him back at that salary, if we didn't have to give up a significant long-term piece to get him? I picked Brandon Snyder but I suppose it could have been anyone who isn't likely to be a starter on this team in the future.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replace the name "Koji Uehara" with any serviceable major league player or C or better prospect, and I'd have probably said yes. I think Snyder's ceiling is now Jake Fox - ie., utility guy that can play 1B, 3B and go behind the plate in an emergency, with some pop in his bat. Unfortunately, I think Josh Bell is the same guy, but without the ability to catch in a pinch. Neither is likely to ever be a better starting option in any real way than Chris Davis or Mark Reynolds, or any available free agent, either, for that matter.

I keep waiting for someone to say that paying $4 mm to a relief pitcher is just a bad idea, period. So far, no bites....I guess we all loved what Koji did the last couple of years for us.
Okay, I'll play the patsy. :)

What are you, some kinda dummy? Paying any reliever 4 mm is just as bad idea, period. :mad:

I keep waiting for someone to say that paying $4 mm to a relief pitcher is just a bad idea, period. So far, no bites....I guess we all loved what Koji did the last couple of years for us.

It gave me chills of joy to watch Koji pitch for us. Given the lifeless non-strike-throwing scrubs that have made their way out to pitch in an Orioles uniform in our recent history, Koji is worth far more than 4 mil and a Snyder-like filler player. Yes a million times to that one.

I am not a fan of the Orioles signing anyone that is Koji's age unless there is a specific reason. If there was solid reason to believe that it might help us sign Darvish... in a heartbeat, but other than that, I think we need to get younger until we are ready to contend.

Yes it is.

Man I like watching Koji pitch and it isn't my money.

I know they are going to overpay someone to pitch the 7th inning, it might as well be Koji.

Hopefully the O's will soon be self sufficient when it comes to relief pitchers.

Paying 4 million dollars for a relief pitcher that is turning 37 and seems to have lost something about the way he was using those strikes that he throws so that they become automatic home runs is just a bad idea. I miss Koji San pitching well twice a week. If we could afford that luxury for 4 million then sure. Otherwise, not so much.

Archived