Would you trade Brandon Snyder to get Koji back at $4 mm for next year?

Frobby

Would you trade Brandon Snyder to get Koji back for $4 mm for next year?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Brandon Snyder to get Koji back for $4 mm for next year?

What does AM have to do with anything here?

BTW, he didn't get it right..He should have looked for a higher ceiling prospect in the deal.

Well, if referring to the person who executed the trade presents such an impediment to understanding the point of the post, then feel free to substitute the phrase "the Orioles" whenever you encounter "AM".

Martin Perez would have been nice, but we probably would have turned him into Brian Matusz this time next year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I have read, both Neftali & Alexi are moving from the bullpen, to the rotation next year, especially if/when Wilson leaves. That would really leave Mike Adams as the top bullpen arm so I doubt the Rangers trade Koji. I don't think they need the salary relief, especially with Wilson most likely coming off the books.

That's interesting about Feliz. I figured they'd reinsert Feldman for Wilson, and if they get sabathia, ogando stays in the pen.

Ogando was in the rotation this year...he went to the AS game as a starter. He will be back in the rotation for sure.

I know he was. He was basically their fifth. So he may be in there ahead of feldman, who lost his spot due to injury. My point was more to the fact that I'd be surprised to see Feliz move from the pen.

I am of course in agreement.

Do you think there is any chance at all that the O's do not add an expensive relief pitcher to the roster? Look at the past history, both of Buck and the front office.

I would rather see Koji back then this years version of Gregg/Gonzo/Baez ect ect.

I'm hoping they finally figure out that they are doing it wrong. If other teams are letting these guys go as FA because they are going to cost big money, and replacing them with cheap options that end up doing just fine, why are we so excited to jump on their discards? I never understood the market for RP.

If they won't spend the money on Wilson, I don't know why they would do so on Sabathia.

They have said if CC elects FA they are in on him. Letting Wilson go isn't purely about the money on their end, which is why I've warned people around here buyer-beware. Anytime a team lets a "front line" starter go that easily, something is up.

They have said if CC elects FA they are in on him. Letting Wilson go isn't purely about the money on their end, which is why I've warned people around here buyer-beware. Anytime a team lets a "front line" starter go that easily, something is up.
Hershiser was talking about Wilson this morning. He basically said that all of his pitches are too close together in speed. He said you know everything is going to be at least 83MPH(his fb averages just over 90).

So, while he has the stuff to be good, maybe they feel he is what he is and won't take that next step?

If they won't spend the money on Wilson, I don't know why they would do so on Sabathia.

It doesn't add up, I agree, but there were reports linking cc to the rangers about a week ago. Of course it could just be agent leeks to drive up the Yankees price. And it could mean that the rangers are convinced that Wilson has a strong desire to return to Cali. It's speculative at best. The rangers have high-class problems concerning their pitching staff. I wish the orioles would have similar problems.

Hershiser was talking about Wilson this morning. He basically said that all of his pitches are too close together in speed. He said you know everything is going to be at least 83MPH(his fb averages just over 90).

So, while he has the stuff to be good, maybe they feel he is what he is and won't take that next step?

Yeah you combine that with the innings spike when he converted to SP, and any other inside info they have and it's a little scary.

He's going to get a big contract because there's no one else out there. If he was a FA next year he'd get closer to half what he'll get this year. I would stay away from him at all costs, if I'm wrong later, oops, but too many red flags to make that much of an investment.

It would be nice if the O's can find some young hard throwing relievers. I personally do not want a ~40 year old pitcher who relies on slow junk ball pitches...

Let's be smart about this and not spend money old washed up/injury prone vets.

Yea cause averaging over 11K/9 out of the pen isn't good at all if you can't do it with mid 90's fastballs.

I keep waiting for someone to say that paying $4 mm to a relief pitcher is just a bad idea, period. So far, no bites....I guess we all loved what Koji did the last couple of years for us.

4M for a good reliever is fine with me. 5M for Kevin Gregg is borderline okay. I just don't want to lose picks, or get stuck owing some mediocre free agent the closer spot.

Archived