John Hart the next O's GM?

Tony-OH

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless the young pitching suddenly clicks en masse they don't have the core. Roberts is old and injured, Nick is underperforming, Jones is about to get expensive. What core besides Wieters do you see?

Matt Wieters, Adam Jones, JJ Hardy and Mark Reynolds. For the pitching, Britton is the only standout. Arrieta could be a future closer like Papelbon.

Add two starters, with one being premium if you keep Guthrie, and you've got the makings of a solid rotation.

And add Fielder and one other bat to that lineup, and you've got a potent offense.

They have no one that looks to be any help in the pipeline for '12 and it would be ambitious to assume any real help will be here in '13.

Which is why you don't depend on the minors for talent for those years and make sure to get premium talent and solid talent at the ML level while you develop that succession plan in the minors.

Matt Wieters, Adam Jones, JJ Hardy and Mark Reynolds. For the pitching, Britton is the only standout. Arrieta could be a future closer like Papelbon.

Add two starters, with one being premium if you keep Guthrie, and you've got the makings of a solid rotation.

And add Fielder and one other bat to that lineup, and you've got a potent offense.

Which is why you don't depend on the minors for talent for those years and make sure to get premium talent and solid talent at the ML level while you develop that succession plan in the minors.

Hardy had a career year that you are evidently banking on him repeating and Reynolds was close to a zero sum total this year, that is your core?

I just vomited everywhere.

My hopes weren't high, but I was pleased with the names being interviewed. It seemed like a genuine step in the right direction.

But only the Orioles could walk out of interviews with LaCaba and Dipoto and think, "You know what? Let's hire John Hart!"

Hart ensures another decade of incompetence and losing. Our only hope is that John Angelos is like Irsay's son.

Well said. You'd think the O's would do something smart by accident at some point, right? I mean, statistically speaking.

Ugh.

Hardy had a career year that you are evidently banking on him repeating and Reynolds was close to a zero sum total this year, that is your core?

Why do you argue with someone who has repeatedly demonstrated that a) he doesn't care about the truth and b) his command of logic borders on irrationality?

If they were choosing randomly then yes. They are consistently using a flawed methodology so an outlier is less likely.
Actually, they change major components of their approach without a fundamental improvement of organization. We constantly hear from each new hire just what a mess they have found. I think that messes with the statistical probability principal. If you keep flipping a coin with two heads, it does not matter what fancy new wind up you use to flip it, as long as you are calling tails.

It is a bit too early to go to bed.

However it is now not to early to go to bed so I am calling it a night.

Anyone think this was a nudge for someone else to make a decision? I am told that Hart would not come here without major concessions that would appear to be pipe dreams.

Wow, how disappointing would that be? Very - for me, at least.

IMO, the only silver lining out of a John Hart hiring would be if it were coupled with a Levine/LaCava/Dipoto hiring.

SG, yes, Graham and Hart have a history together with the Indians. Graham was a minor league manager in the Indians system and a major league coach with the Indians while Hart was running things.

Yeah, I could see that. It appears to be the new front office structure.

Archived