Ready for the rematch

Sports Guy

Didn't the Dukies rush the court after beating Carolina?

No, i think like 20-25 people ran on the court when Noel dribbled it out of bounds but it was not some mad rush. And BTW, to get off the court at a Duke if you are in the student sections, you have to go on the court to get out of there.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, i think like 20-25 people ran on the court when Noel dribbled it out of bounds but it was not some mad rush. And BTW, to get off the court at a Duke if you are in the student sections, you have to go on the court to get out of there.

OK. I had definitely seen some fans running onto the court, but I turned it off pretty quickly.

LOL...Yea, the same enthusiasm that MARYLAND HAS COPIED, along with many other schools, from Cameron. LOL Now thats funny.

BTW, as i said, as an elite program, you do not rush the floor anymore unless you are in a very down year and happen to be a top team.

The Cameron fans did not rush the court when they beat UNC. They EXPECT to win and so should you guys.

As far as the crowd noise...Maybe the mics were turned down so that they did not pick up things they expected to hear from the MD fans. But on the TV, it sounded very quiet, especially when Duke was up by like 7 or 8 in the second half. But if you guys are saying it was very loud, i will obviously defer to those who were there.

We should always storm the floor after victories over Duke simply because, apparantly, it really bothers Duke fans and we love to hear them whine. Saying the crowd was quiet is just sour grapes, too. Duke's players must of thought it was loud--or do they always miss so many free-throws??

Stating that Duke fans invented enthusiasm and everyone else copied really takes the cake :rolleyes: You need to stop beleiving everything you hear from Dookie V. :D

What was up with the fans tonight?

They seemed very quiet in long stretches of the game and then, they rush the court?

Don't you get to the point where you are an elite prgram and you no longer rush the court?

Don't you expect to win games like this?

Quiet for long stretches of the game? Maybe that's how it sounded on TV, but why don't you ask my ringing ears and hoarse voice if it was at all quiet in there last night.

Cheering can be exhausing. You've got to pace yourself.

And I feel rushing the court was justified. It's our biggest rival. They were ranked top 10, and we weren't ranked.

No one is saying we didn't expect to win.

But, with all this build up, and with the emotion the players showed, I think that storming the court was acceptable for yesterday's game.

I just disagree with this.

I know, as a Duke fan, if i had seen the Crazies rush the court against UNC, i would have been dissapointed in them and that was a more hyped game than this game was and that is a much more intense rivalry down there.

If MD was 9-13 or something, thats one thing. But they aren't.

LOL...Yea, the same enthusiasm that MARYLAND HAS COPIED, along with many other schools, from Cameron. LOL Now thats funny.

BTW, as i said, as an elite program, you do not rush the floor anymore unless you are in a very down year and happen to be a top team.

The Cameron fans did not rush the court when they beat UNC. They EXPECT to win and so should you guys.

As far as the crowd noise...Maybe the mics were turned down so that they did not pick up things they expected to hear from the MD fans. But on the TV, it sounded very quiet, especially when Duke was up by like 7 or 8 in the second half. But if you guys are saying it was very loud, i will obviously defer to those who were there.

I'm a big Terp fan and I agree with SG here on noise and rushing the floor. Watching on tv, I thought it seemed very quiet - Terp fans expecting the worst (as was I) when they went down. Having gone to many games during the "Lefty years" at Cole and being among quiet Terp fans at the ACC tourneys, I was amazed at the sea of red and the noise at the beginning. Being a tv game, I think the fans felt "obligated" to rush the floor - even though it was a "tainted" victory with all the Duke starters out, imho. Sorry BustaJ! :o

Quiet for long stretches of the game? Maybe that's how it sounded on TV, but why don't you ask my ringing ears and hoarse voice if it was at all quiet in there last night.

Cheering can be exhausing. You've got to pace yourself.

Did you even bother reading the post where is aid i will defer to those who were there but on TV it sounded quiet?

And you have to pace yourself? :confused:

Stating that Duke fans invented enthusiasm and everyone else copied really takes the cake :rolleyes: You need to stop beleiving everything you hear from Dookie V. :D

It is a fact. New arenas are being built with the student sections being as close to the court as possible, ala Cameron.

It is like teams copying OPACY or Ravens stadium. That is the way it is in sports.

Michigan St is the best example of this.

And, I agree some of the intensity died off at the end, but it is crazy to say the win was tainted. It is not the Terps fault that 3 of Duke's starters fouled out. IF anything, it shows how good the Terps played and attacked the basket.

The refs called a bunch of ticky tack fouls last night on both sides. MD did do a good job of attacking but Williams in particular got called for a few questionable fouls. But oh well, the refs called the game tight.

BTW, where are the MD fans complaining about the officiating? IS the officiating only bad in games you lose?

People that were at the game said it was the loudest they have ever heard at Comcast..Can't we believe them.

And, I agree some of the intensity died off at the end, but it is crazy to say the win was tainted. It is not the Terps fault that 3 of Duke's starters fouled out. IF anything, it shows how good the Terps played and attacked the basket.

SG, I know what you are saying, and in most other cases I would not want us to storm the court, but yesterday was just a fun day, so I can make an exception. We'll just disagree..

As the pundits say, "It was what it was". Yeah, the Terps played hard, and I was happy with the victory, but it still would have felt better if Duke was at full strength at the end. If you guys were feeling it at the end - I mean with the Game Day thing and the whole day of hyping the event, I can surely agree with you Ravenbird. It was the difference of being there or not, I guess. Glad you had fun! The Terps have not had that many days of this - even being an elite program recently - over the years! :cool:

I thought many of the calls were questionable...But I mean, we beat Duke. Why complain now? Would you be complaining if you beat us, and you got some good calls?

./QUOTE]

My point is that MD fans never say, well Duke beat us because they are better.

They always lose "thanks to the officiating".

Funny how when a game is called very tight and Duke loses most fo their team, that all of a sudden the officiating is not brought up.

I just find it amusing how Terp fans use the refs as a crutch when they lose to Duke.

He is third on the team in FG% of those who have major PT, behind Gist and Caner-Medley. He's third in PPG, behind C-M and Gilchrist. Plus, he is a better defender and free-throw shooter then anyone on the team.

And that shows that shooting is a team-wide problem. I said he's a good college player. It still doesn't change the fact that he has below average shooting range. You can't make the case that he'd be an adequate number 1 scoring option.

Normally there is an officiating bias towards Duke, I think most people who follow college basketball/the ACC will tell you that. IE They get away with a lot of fouls, tonight it was officiated evenly. I'm glad to know Duke fans came up with enthusiasm for sports, I guess you learn something new everyday. Just because student seats are as close as possible to the court doesn't mean that Duke invented it. I haven't watched the broadcast version of the game yet, but that's definitely the loudest I've heard Comcast (including last year's Duke/UNC games).

Yes, that is funny. :D

Duke fans invented enthusiam. :P Other teams' fans strive to be like them.

Of course, it's only Duke fans that actually find the need to practice to be enthusiastic.

Archived