Orioles likely to name Lacava GM

bOhs01

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been told that LaCava was not in Baltimore on Friday at all. Been told that the interviews are not held at the warehouse. Been told that TLC has NOT been offered the job yet, but that that should occur shortly and then an announcement would be forth coming. That is all. This person is impecable. Checked this info twice for me.

This is officially what I believe to be factual.

I am just an Oriole fan like most of you.

I probably should have kept what I was told by someone who I respect to myself. I have no contact inside the decision making staff of the Baltimore Orioles. Anything that I post is only my opinion and a good friend or two nudges me if they think I have gone snooping down the wrong roadway.

I am going to let this subject drop myself and hope that all gets settled as quickly as we all would like for it to.

My fingers are crossed. I have no trust in this organization, and if they're getting the cold shoulder from LaCava, this is exactly the type of thing I might want to leak to change the public narrative. Hopefully this purgatory ends today or tomorrow.

Public narrative doesn't really matter in this case. This holds especially true since many fans feel that Angelos and not a past or future GM is the root of our problem.

I probably should have kept what I was told by someone who I respect to myself. I have no contact inside the decision making staff of the Baltimore Orioles. Anything that I post is only my opinion and a good friend or two nudges me if they think I have gone snooping down the wrong roadway.

I am going to let this subject drop myself and hope that all gets settled as quickly as we all would like for it to.

Not sure why people get so upset about early information. If I decided this morning that I wanted a turkey sandwhich for lunch and told my friend that I wanted one before settling on a Reuben was I wrong? If those changes can be made in our own lives than how can one expect a baseball organization to never change direction? I am happy for any information and I believe what your friend said to be true.

Not sure why people get so upset about early information. If I decided this morning that I wanted a turkey sandwhich for lunch and told my friend that I wanted one before settling on a Reuben was I wrong? If those changes can be made in our own lives than how can one expect a baseball organization to never change direction? I am happy for any information and I believe what your friend said to be true.
Thanks, kind words.

I am going to let this

Things change all the time and the O's are a strange bunch. No biggie.

Probably a good move on your part. I appreciate your sharing what you were comfortable sharing though.

Why are they all up on you?

And why do you act like it's cool?

I'm not gon' be your one so you can try and play me

It don't work that way baby

So let me know who you choose

If I'm here waiting for you

I don't like to play around

That's not how I get down

No foolishness allowed

Who's it gonna be

I'm not stressin' over you

So what you gonna do

Keep playin' you will lose

Who's it gonna be

Why are they all up on you?

And why do you act like it's cool?

I'm not gon' be your one so you can try and play me

It don't work that way baby

So let me know who you choose

If I'm here waiting for you

I don't like to play around

That's not how I get down

No foolishness allowed

Who's it gonna be

I'm not stressin' over you

So what you gonna do

Keep playin' you will lose

Who's it gonna be

Roch is spinning it that this is just the chance for TLC to meet with the BOSS.

He's just being forced to sit through the 5 hour don't sexually harass, come to work drunk and/or high, or shoot up the workplace videos before he gets the job.

You are allowed to be drunk on the job. They don't show that video any longer.

From a chat on Fangraphs:

[Comment From Gutboy BarrelhouseGutboy Barrelhouse: ] Assuming it happens, thoughts on Tony LaCava as O's GM?

Monday October 31, 2011 12:57 Gutboy Barrelhouse

12:58 Dan Szymborski: Won't work without him having the power to restructure the entire organization.

Monday October 31, 2011 12:58 Dan Szymborski

12:58 Dan Szymborski: And won't work with Buck Showalter being the new Golden Boy with ownership.

He also predicts the O's will have interest in Paul Maholm.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/dan-szymborski-fangraphs-chat-103111/

Archived