New names on O's GM wishlist include Billy Eppler, David Forst, Thad Levine, etc.

ChaosLex

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes I question how long it takes to "ask permission" to interview a candidate.

Isn't it a simple 2 minute phone call?

O's: Hey Rangers, sorry about the World Series loss.

Rangers: Ah, disappointing. Ya win some, ya lose some. We'll be back next year.

O's: Hey, quick question for ya.

Rangers: Yeah, what's up?

O's: Can we interview Levine for our open GM position?

Rangers: [answers yes or no]

O's: [if yes: "Sounds good, we'll be giving him a call now." if no: "well ****. thanks anyway."]

Haha. There is paperwork involved I'm pretty sure. So that someone can't come back later and say "we never gave them permission, so no they can't leave".

Sometimes I question how long it takes to "ask permission" to interview a candidate.

Isn't it a simple 2 minute phone call?

O's: Hey Rangers, sorry about the World Series loss.

Rangers: Ah, disappointing. Ya win some, ya lose some. We'll be back next year.

O's: Hey, quick question for ya.

Rangers: Yeah, what's up?

O's: Can we interview Levine for our open GM position?

Rangers: [answers yes or no]

O's: [if yes: "Sounds good, we'll be giving him a call now." if no: "well ****. thanks anyway."]

Haha. There is paperwork involved I'm pretty sure. So that someone can't come back later and say "we never gave them permission, so no they can't leave".

So the rest of the conversation would be:

Texas: So should I just sign the approval form, scan and then e-mail it to you?

O's: Uh, no. Mr. A hasn't signed off on us getting e-mail yet.

Texas: Well, uh, ok. What's your FAX number then?

O's: FAX? Ummm...I don't think we've had one of those since we made the big presentation to Matsui back in 2002.

"New names on O's GM wishlist include Billy Eppler, David Forst, Thad Levine, etc."

That's funny because the new names on Eppler's, Forst's and Levine's wishlists do not include the O's.

In all seriousness, after DiPoto and Watson withdrew and LaCava turned down Angelos, how could anyone with any self-respect take the O's job? Whomever accepts is essentially saying "I'm fine with being Peter Angelos' puppet and working for a team that is doomed to finish last." Awesome. Sign me up.

"New names on O's GM wishlist include Billy Eppler, David Forst, Thad Levine, etc."

That's funny because the new names on Eppler's, Forst's and Levine's wishlists do not include the O's.

In all seriousness, after DiPoto and Watson withdrew and LaCava turned down Angelos, how could anyone with any self-respect take the O's job? Whomever accepts is essentially saying "I'm fine with being Peter Angelos' puppet and working for a team that is doomed to finish last." Awesome. Sign me up.

The dental plan is first rate.

A conversation between Buck and his former employer, the Rangers.

Would you describe for me what Thad Levine looks like?

What?

What country you from!

What?

"What" ain't no country I know! Do they speak English in "What?"

What?

English-motherfornicator-can-you-speak it?

Yes.

Then you understand what I'm sayin'?

Yes.

We may need to pick him up from the airport. Now describe what Thad Levine looks like.

What?

Say "What" again! C'mon, say "What" again! I dare ya, I double dare ya motherfornicator, say "What" one more time and I'll have Peter sue your arse!

*the Rangers hang up the phone*

What are the odds that Stockstill would turn down the job if offered? IMO, there's no way the job stays open into December.

Unfortunately, another possibility is that Angelos may just quickly hire another lesser candidate to avoid any more rejection/national humiliation.

Archived