O's, Duquette close to deal

mrr185

How about we focus on the O's and not The Notebook-like psychodrama between SG and SJ?

I'm not going to be crushed by a Duquette hire, though this whole thing makes me feel like a heel for giving a crap about this team.

Well, you could feel a lot better about things if the Stockstills get canned and things like that.

Otherwise, who cares.

And, you have seen The Notebook? Isn't that for chicks? :D

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus christ shut up both of you. You are misinterpreting what I am talking about.

YES it is a trainwreck. It deserves to be under a microscope and I am sure that the Orioles have had many people turn them down for various reasons.

All I was asking is, during a normal search, how many interviews are declined that we never hear about because its not really big news like it is RIGHT NOW.

I am not trying to spin that this isn't embarrassing or a complete farce, just asking a question. Just a thought, that is all.

Please dude. Come off it. If you have read anything, had a real conversation with me or whatever you would know that is largely complete bull. but hey, why put any effort into anything when you can just rest on preconceived notions. Oh its SG, I'm right about anything and how DARE you question me, after all I am the only one that is continually allowed to be a sanctimonious jag on the internet.

I'm not covering for anyone. I have been as pissed about this as anyone has.

First off, don't use His name as a pejorative. Secondly, I'll openly admit that I have had you on ignore for quite a while, but recently made the mistake of changing that. The reason being you're far and away the biggest sycophant apologist possible. Spare us the "I told you so," critical bravo sierra now because it's disingenuous and doesn't suit you. I have tried and tried to stay out of internet grudge matches, but you are now an exception. Feel free to put me on your ignore list as well, because I'm done with this chat, and you.

Well, you could feel a lot better about things if the Stockstills get canned and things like that.

Otherwise, who cares.

And, you have seen The Notebook? Isn't that for chicks? :D

Yep. And I like chicks, so... [it is a terrible movie, even if you think Ryan Gosling is a pretty good actor.]

I'm not sure what would make me feel better - half the moves seem like they'd be empty and/or symbolic. And, while I like that Duquette has a strong international resume, I'm still not convinced that the international strategy many argue for (bigger ticket IFAs) is a good strategy. I do - however - want more scouts, more spending.

We'll see. (And isn't that all we can ever say?)

First off, don't use His name as a pejorative. Secondly, I'll openly admit that I have had you on ignore for quite a while, but recently made the mistake of changing that. The reason being you're far and away the biggest sycophant apologist possible. Spare us the "I told you so," critical bravo sierra now because it's disingenuous and doesn't suit you. I have tried and tried to stay out of internet grudge matches, but you are now an exception. Feel free to put me on your ignore list as well, because I'm done with this chat, and you.

I agree with this post.

I don't know who has turned down the O's besides what's been reported, but I'm just happy they hopefully are getting a guy who actually has GM experience considering the fact that no one seemed to want the job.
We seemingly have limited options at this point, but then again so does a guy who has been away from the game for close to a decade. It's a match made in heaven.

nerd-couple.jpg

It seems like Duquette had the reputation of being a good trader and talent evaluator as well as structuring good drafts.

He was also fired because he "personified the Red Sox arrogant and aloof image."

I wonder if he has a good relationship with Boras like Jim did.

Duquette will make a fine gm. The rest of this story is all drama and grabbing of low hanging fruit. The only thing that matters is the end result. A competant well respected GM in charge of the Orioles.

Now everyone can start complaining about every move either made or not made in the off season.

Archived