Roch: Is it time to trade Adam Jones?

ChaosLex

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you trade Adam Jones you have got to get players that will clearly contribute now. Adam Jones is one of the few players regular fans can identify. He is known in the national media, he is talked about. You can get away trading him but the package better be the right one, or you are in for some hurt.

I don't agree with Roch...Tampa doesn't make sense because of his impending FA.

SF, Seattle, Texas, Cle, ChiSox, KC, Oak, Atl, Wash and Mil make the most sense to me.

And again, we don't know whether any of these teams or how many of these teams are even interested.

I'm agreeing with you that obviously if the deal is good enough that it makes sense. What aggravates me though is when we don't trade Jones or Guthrie and fans bash the GM without even knowing what offers there were for that player.

we don't know whether any of these teams or how many of these teams are even interested.

We don't need to know as long as the GM does. Just looking at the list, I think WAS is definitely in the market for a CF; Ankiel's going FA and their other OF's don't really seem suited for it. With them signing Wang maybe they'd be more willing to give up one of their top SP prospects (again, not named Strasburg or Zimmerman).

Tampa doesnt have the financial means to keep Jones, and he probably wont sign there, LT. I know him personally and he said that he hates the turf because its so hard.

I have an idea of what Adam wants to do, and Tampa is far from it.

West coast? Big market? Can you say?

Archived