Geoff Baker echos my thoughts on FA and the standard cliches (excuses) for a non-contending team

JTrea81

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tomorrow's headline...FORMER columnist Geoff Baker echoes Trea's thoughts. ;)

Seriously though, I'd love to see JT get like a one-shot column in the Sun and see what the reader reaction would be.

Uhh...overwhelmingly positive? I'm guessing more casual fans would have absolutely no problem at all spending other people's imaginary, consequence-free, inexhaustible cash supply.

Uhh...overwhelmingly positive? I'm guessing more casual fans would have absolutely no problem at all spending other people's imaginary, consequence-free, inexhaustible cash supply.

And casual fans are who this ballclub needs to win back...

I think Seattle should consider trading a rookie CF, a good relief pitcher, and two top prospects for a starting pitcher with 2 years left before free agency. That should put them over the top.
I wonder if that deal will put the team on the other side of that trade over the top. ;) Will it take four years to find out?

P.S. How are you defining "top prospect?"

This thread feels like 8:00 every night, when I'm explaining to my crying 4-year-old why he can't stay up and watch Phineas and Ferb all night while eating Fritos.

Had the same problem last night, I gave them til 9 and told them no pretzels. I can't help it, I have a soft spot for Phineas and Ferb.

I'd agree with once part of the argument. If you wish to grab free agents, at least get the good ones. The O's seem to always throw away money on flat average FA's in an attempt to fool fans into believing in Oriole Magic. Fielder is unrealistic as he would prefer a winning team, and Duke boldly stated he would not go that route(probably had PA's hands on his puppet strings).

For the sake of all that's holy, go all in on Darvish. He doesn't cost a draft pick, and he's young with talent. This team needs pitching to even compete, much less win games... Trade for a Floyd type to go with him, and you can at least be in the game. If they signed Prince, they'd have zero income for pitchers; and we'll watch the same old O's being outscored every game.

I think Seattle should consider trading a rookie CF, a good relief pitcher, and two top prospects for a starting pitcher with 2 years left before free agency. That should put them over the top.

Spot on and I was about to comment on how Baker was pretty much the only writer in Seattle who thought the Bedard and Siva

deals were good for the team. Didn't work out so well for Bavasi!

# Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun is convinced there's no chance of the Orioles spending on free agents such as Albert Pujols, Prince Fielder and C.J. Wilson. It seems more likely Duquette will build the Orioles from within, but it's not as though the team will sit free agency out entirely.

Source: mlbtraderumors

Sorry trea

Archived