Li'l Rip signs LOI to play baseball at South Carolina

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-ripken-signing-1115-20111114,0,6991471.story

Interesting to see he is playing baseball, I had heard that basketball was really his sport.

Yeah a friend of mine told me about this a couple weeks ago. Said he thought he was better at basketball, but the last name carries some serious weight.

Holy cow, look at the kid's eyes. Cal couldn't deny this one even if he wanted to.

JBGxR.png

Yeah he has his father's eyes. This makes me feel old too even though I'm only six years older than he is since I remember him and his older sister Rachel at the 2131 game. and he was just a two year old then and now he's 6'6. I really think it would be awesome if he has his dad's talent and we could land him somehow.

Interesting college choice. South Carolina is one of the premier college baseball programs. Coastal is a perennial Top 20 ish team. MD is on the upswing but will never contend in the ACC, any kid who is serious about baseball wants to go where the weather is more cooperative year round. Wake is one of the best academic schools in the country but not a Top ACC team but better than MD.

Just by looking at his choices it appears he's going to have to work hard for playing time at SC.

Interesting college choice. South Carolina is one of the premier college baseball programs. Coastal is a perennial Top 20 ish team. MD is on the upswing but will never contend in the ACC, any kid who is serious about baseball wants to go where the weather is more cooperative year round. Wake is one of the best academic schools in the country but not a Top ACC team but better than MD.

Just by looking at his choices it appears he's going to have to work hard for playing time at SC.

Matt Antonelli was a Deacon, right?

His mom gives her take on (the other) USC. Rachel wants to be a basketball agent one day after graduating from Colorado U.

http://www.varsitysportsnetwork.com/index.php?option=com_jomtube&view=video&id=25180&75f4d8b54adb538582adf3f176a29eac=90qbrlg0ea961igk3oebav7u36&Itemid=1

Archived