What would the Hangout be like if the Orioles were good, for once?

Frobby

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just daydreaming here. Let's say the O's were a pretty good team in 2012, and won 85 games or so.

1. What would this place be like?

2. Would people still complain just as much?

3. Would remarks by the GM, manager and players get the same level of scrutiny they get now?

4. Would the same posters be on the same sides of the issues?

1. Deer in the headlights because it's been so long. "Pinch me I'm dreaming!" :D

2. Mostly.

3. Absolutely the same amount of scrutiny. It's what we do here.

4. I think mostly the same people would be the same. A few would chnage. For example, Moose and Sean. I don't think they're inherently negative (no, not even Sean... :P ) I think they're just finished with the current losing ways. If we saw REAL change, REAL improvement I think those type of posters would be happy and positive about it.

Exactly.

I spent a day last week trying to prove that I wasn't a previous poster under a new name.

I really believe it has to do with what you say, not how you say it.

If the Orioles were good, we wouldn't be tearing into each other from time to time.

Same style. Same substance. Same strawman rhetoric. Same kvetching on the same pet topics (groupthink, board factionalism, "losing culture," etc.). Same martyr complex. And probably the same IP address.

If you're not MSK, I'll eat my ornithologically correct hat.

Same style. Same substance. Same strawman rhetoric. Same kvetching on the same pet topics (groupthink, board factionalism, "losing culture," etc.). Same martyr complex. And probably the same IP address.

Oh suuurrrrrrrrreeee! Now that you probably already have a shiny new Cartoon Bird hat.

This again? :rolleyestf:

You really are grasping here.

Did MSK sneeze in your cheerios?

It would be like the Ravens forum only magnified because of the larger amount of fans. There would be fighting, complaining and strategizing but it would all be in great fun, because of the great product on the field. Hopefully there is a time when both franchises are doing great and it will be quite a nervana not only here but in Baltimore as well!!

Oh and note to BilboBaggins...stop whining dude!

Archived