What would the Hangout be like if the Orioles were good, for once?

Frobby

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We would still complain. We demand excellence.

At 85 wins, we'd still have plenty to complain about.

At 95 wins, we'd still have plenty to debate (re: trade deadline, offseason, long term contracts, etc.).

Why would I come to this site if I didn't want to read and debate this stuff? Also, why would 85 or 95 wins automatically mean everything's hunky dory? Look at the Patriots. They've generally been very well-run, but they've made some incredibly bone-headed moves with draft picks lately. They make mostly good moves with them, but it's never perfect.

What does it say about you guys that you make it such an issue that a past poster has a new handle?

I'm not MSK, but I find this borderline wacky.

Are you this guy's biographer?

So tell us who you are then. You wrote this

I signed up years ago

At this point I don't care if you are MSK or not. I have my suspicions, but I only really know that you are trying to cheat the 500 post system with this Bilbo name.

At this point I don't care if you are MSK or not. I have my suspicions, but I only really know that you are trying to cheat the 500 post system with this Bilbo name.

If I'm still around by the time I get to 500 posts, I will gladly pay whatever it costs as long as its not too expensive.

All this silliness is exactly what I'm talking about. We've jacked Frobby's thread because some of you have a weird obsession with "outing" past posters and I've foolishly indulged your suspicions by defending myself.

We've got people here digging into my electronic footprint. Really guys?

Nothing else to do with your time eh?

Same style. Same substance. Same strawman rhetoric. Same kvetching on the same pet topics (groupthink, board factionalism, "losing culture," etc.). Same martyr complex. And probably the same IP address.

If you're not MSK, I'll eat my ornithologically correct hat.

Whether he is or not, and only he truly knows, he's not coming from the same computer or IP addresses on any of his logins between the two, so there is nothing we can do. If he's truly going through that much just so he doesn't have to pay the $35.95 a year than God bless him.

Let's drop the accusations now.

Whether he is or not, and only he truly knows, he's not coming from the same computer or IP addresses on any of his logins between the two, so there is nothing we can do. If he's truly going through that much just so he doesn't have to pay the $35.95 a year than God bless him.

Let's drop the accusations now.

I am more curious about Trea and Strawdawg... :slytf:

Going by a link he posted, this guy is MSK. Not sure if that helps.

That's not me.

But, again, paranoia and suspicion run deep around these parts don't they?

You've got folks digging into old posts by banned members. You've got another guy digging up old links. You've got others doing electronic surveillance on me.

All for what? To discuss the Orioles, or to be generally unwelcoming and clannish?

This is crazy.

That's not me.

But, again, paranoia and suspicion run deep around these parts don't they?

You've got folks digging into old posts by banned members. You've got another guy digging up old links. You've got others doing electronic surveillance on me.

All for what? To discuss the Orioles, or to be generally unwelcoming and clannish?

This is crazy.

Personally, I couldn't care less if you are MSK, or not. If you've got something useful to say about the Orioles, I am all ears. Go for it.

I guess OH has grown to the point where we have our own version of political parties... It's not just one person spouting the same rhetoric or "party line". LOL

Be careful talking about "board factionalism" or else they'll accuse you of being Albert Belle or Jeffrey Maier or maybe even Bob Irsay.

I thought we were allowed to express different opinions about the Orioles? Frobby's main point is illustrated herein. If we were doing well as a team and organization, would there be cyber witch hunts whenever someone new appears and happens to say something that the majority don't like?

Since I've signed up, I've been called a martyr and "bet welcher" and a "sock puppet" and never once did these people understand that I am not MSK or whomever they believe I am.

To say I am angry would be a bit much, but befuddled and disappointed would cover it. I just want to be online with Orioles fans, not get into stupid debates over nothing.

Archived