Matusz to work out with Brady

Sports Guy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it wasn't with Anderson, but wasn't Matusz supposed to have been working out last offseason?

Is there something an outfielder is going to teach a pitcher about being in good shape for pitching?

IMO, that's a point that needs to be considered seriously. There's a huge difference between getting into good shape, and getting into good shape with a particular activity in mind (e.g., it'd be pretty idiotic to spend weeks and weeks only lifting heavy weights to exhaustion if your goal is to run a marathon).

I know Brady's not exactly a stranger to the game and/or fitness in general, but I think

I'd feel better if I knew that Matusz was on a pitching-focused program. Absent more detail, I can't really say "great, he's working with Brady..."

I think "low calorie" is of greater concern in this case.

I think he eats sushi. So it must be something else.

I think it is those beards. And that awful stuble on his neck that makes him look like he is Occuping the the pitchers mound. For about three innings and 7 runs.

I think it is those beards. And that awful stubble on his neck that makes him look like he is Occupying the the pitchers mound. For about three innings and 7 runs.

Brian+Matusz+Baltimore+Orioles+Photo+Day+ezwG59Tko55l.jpg

The 1% who can't make it through 1% of most games?

(and yeah, the neck beard is shudder-worthy)

Weams, you seem to know a lot about the O's players and I'm not exactly a Nick apologist. BUT, do you really know what he does in the privacy of his own home and on his own time? Do you know that he doesn't work with weights at his own home and run around the local HS track?

No, I don't know that at all. I make all kinds of pronouncements. I am sure Nick does plenty of work. I also know that he is not as huge as his body type would suggest that he could be. I know Brady makes you work like you never would on your own. Unless you were Luke. He thinks pain is fun.

Weams, you seem to know a lot about the O's players and I'm not exactly a Nick apologist. BUT, do you really know what he does in the privacy of his own home and on his own time? Do you know that he doesn't work with weights at his own home and run around the local HS track?

I am sure he does both of those things. I am sure that he has a great gym in his home. And maybe at his hunting camp. I just want more from a guy we invest almost 13 million a year in. I never said Nick was out of shape. Like Brian Matusz admitted that he was.

I am sure he does both of those things. I am sure that he has a great gym in his home. And maybe at his hunting camp. I just want more from a guy we invest almost 13 million a year in. I never said Nick was out of shape. Like Brian Matusz admitted that he was.

I don't recall Matusz saying he was out of shape when he got to camp. I recall him saying he wasn't in shape after resting his oblique. But if you have a link, feel free to refresh my recollection.

At this point I'm more interested in 2012 than 2011. Matusz never seemed to have the feel of his pitches last year. That's what I'm most concerned with in 2012 for Matusz.

I don't recall Matusz saying he was out of shape when he got to camp. I recall him saying he wasn't in shape after resting his oblique. But if you have a link, feel free to refresh my recollection.

At this point I'm more interested in 2012 than 2011. Matusz never seemed to have the feel of his pitches last year. That's what I'm most concerned with in 2012 for Matusz.

Maye he'll be mentally prepared next year if we don't ask him to change anything.

No, I don't have a link I just remember him mentioning it several times in his post game mea culpas. That's probably what he meant and I misunderstood. I hope he is a Beast in 2012. He looked real bad in Spring Training even before he had his injury. I just assumed that was why he got injured so easily. So again, I am making lots of assumptions.

I think it is those beards. And that awful stuble on his neck that makes him look like he is Occuping the the pitchers mound. For about three innings and 7 runs.

Pepsi Max on my keyboard now.

Maye he'll be mentally prepared next year if we don't ask him to change anything.

I guess now we find out what Matusz is made of. Either last year's experience will drive him to be the best he can possibly be, or he will spiral downward. I'm hoping for the former.

Archived