Orioles Reach Out To Prince Fielder's Representatives

FlyGy185

Have you been cleared to make these kinds of posts. Basically have your sources been confirmed?

I mean no disrespect ...But a non paying member with these kinds of posts leave me skeptical to say the least.

No my sources have not been confirmed, but I am telling you the truth.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be quite a deal. One year of Guthrie at ~$7M, plus a lesser player, for many years of Smoak at league minimum, Gutierrez at $5M, and Walker at league minimum. Depending on the throw in the Orioles would arguably be getting more immediate MLB talent and salary relief, not to mention the years of those players long after Guthrie has gone to free agency.

I suspect any team dealing for Guthrie would do so with a extension.

No my sources have not been confirmed, but I am telling you the truth.

Not saying you arent StrawDawg....Im simply pointing out that Tony or one of the other mods will have to confirm your sources or posts like yours are prohibited. Not busting your chops ...Just letting you know the policy.

I suspect any team dealing for Guthrie would do so with a extension.

That would have limited impact on the values in the deal, since Guthrie's extension would probably be at market rates. If the Mariners project Guthrie to be worth 3, 2.5, 2, and 1.5 wins over the next four years, they'd give him a 4/45 deal. No surplus value, just market value. I guess there's a little bump from the exclusive negotiation rights, but not so much that you'd give up much additional talent or money.

They could just wait and sign Guthrie or another similar pitcher to a 4/45 deal next offseason and not have to give up anything additional to get them.

That would have limited impact on the values in the deal, since Guthrie's extension would probably be at market rates. If the Mariners project Guthrie to be worth 3, 2.5, 2, and 1.5 wins over the next four years, they'd give him a 4/45 deal. No surplus value, just market value. I guess there's a little bump from the exclusive negotiation rights, but not so much that you'd give up much additional talent or money.

They could just wait and sign Guthrie or another similar pitcher to a 4/45 deal next offseason and not have to give up anything additional to get them.

Not saying your wrong ...Perhaps we should just keep Guthrie and extend him three years. He's certainly not a throw away and hes the Orioles best starter by far.

If they added Fielder, I think they make that trade rather easily UNLESS they determine that they want a cheaper player(and one with more service time) back for Smoak or they decide they want pitching.

As I have said, I would be offering them Guthrie and Jones for Smoak, Guitterez, T Walker and another prospect. I think that is a trade that works out well for both sides.

Yes, to the "unless." After spending so much on the Prince, i'm not sure they'll be in a rush to add 2 more big(ish) salaries. If Smoak becomes available, many teams will come forward. I could see a really nice fit for young, cheap pitching from TB. Theo will come calling as well.

Knowing what you know about AJ and Guthrie, would you target them for your team trying to win a pennant? The answer is "no." If you have an attractive asset like Smoak you will have plenty of options.

A source told me (who works in the Warehouse) that the Orioles have a meeting set up with the Boras Agency to discuss Prince Fielder, apparently, he isnt drawing much interest. Source said that the agency has only had serious talks with the Mariners thus far, and they dont expect it to change.

O's to make offer....in cheeseburgers

princeburgers.jpg

Yes, to the "unless." After spending so much on the Prince, i'm not sure they'll be in a rush to add 2 more big(ish) salaries. If Smoak becomes available, many teams will come forward. I could see a really nice fit for young, cheap pitching from TB. Theo will come calling as well.

Knowing what you know about AJ and Guthrie, would you target them for your team trying to win a pennant? The answer is "no." If you have an attractive asset like Smoak you will have plenty of options.

1) The money they add is a reason I am in favor of taking back Guttierez...There are also scenarios where I would take back Figgins as well.

2) If they want pitching for him, he will be a TB Ray, there is no doubting that.

3) I would absolutely target Guthrie and Jones if I were a team in contention, especially since Jones is a player open to signing an extension.

As someone who has lurked here for years, I only have one question:

Why do we do this to ourselves every off season?

What else do you want us to talk about? Roch is talking about some 29 yo who is coming into his own. Fielder and Pujols is nice to talk about. No chance they come here,but what do O's fans have but dreams.

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

What else do you want us to talk about? Roch is talking about some 29 yo who is coming into his own. Fielder and Pujols is nice to talk about. No chance they come here,but what do O's fans have but dreams.

?Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.?

How do you know this? Are you in the office with Duquette?

Archived