Updated: Orioles acquire Taylor Teagarden

Sports Guy

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Miclat is the PTBNL. Don't know about the pitcher. Martin has command issues but is a 22 year old lefty who can hit the mid-90s. Thought he'd make for a solid reliever.

I personally could care less about Miclat...But I do question giving up anything of value for Teagarden?

It sounds like he is good defensively and he does have good walk numbers but offensively, he has been awful in the majors. Is it really smart to give up anything of value for him?

I mean, I guess he has service time and isn't expensive and does have upside...All of those are pluses.

I personally could care less about Miclat...But I do question giving up anything of value for Teagarden?

It sounds like he is good defensively and he does have good walk numbers but offensively, he has been awful in the majors. Is it really smart to give up anything of value for him?

I mean, I guess he has service time and isn't expensive and does have upside...All of those are pluses.

Depends on your assessment of the players involved. Teagarden could be an affordable backup C for the next three years, will give you solid defense and has the potential for some upside with the bat. Still, as backup C, he'll probably be somewhere between 0 and 1 WAR. Miclat is somewhere between MiL fodder and a second-string bench option, so no loss there. Martin has upside. He needs to work on his mechanics. He will benefit from the move to Texas' development system. Could be a nice gain for them.

I've heard mixed opinions on his prospects for success. I would have preferred not to let go of him, but it's probably not a huge loss if it's indeed him included in the deal.

Archived