Will Duquette trade Markakis?

33rdst

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But Mo Vaughn will be paid $100M for 2016-2019, which is an insane allocation of resources.

But the Orioles might have multiple playoff appearances and might win the WS in 2012-2015 which is when the core of this team will be in their prime.

This core needs to win now or be blown up. The Orioles don't want to blow it up, so the alternative is to win now.

But the Orioles might have multiple playoff appearances and might win the WS in 2012-2015 which is when the core of this team will be in their prime.

Dude, how the hell do you figure that the Orioles win the World Series in 2012, let alone make the playoffs even with Prince Fielder? You hate half of the team as it already stands.

This core needs to win now or be blown up. The Orioles don't want to blow it up, so the alternative is to win now.

I literally LOLed at this.

The Orioles might also finish dead last in those four years.

I literally LOLed at this.

The Orioles might also finish dead last in those four years.

But that just means all the huge contracts bankrupt the current ownership group, forces Angelos to sell, and increases the probabilities of an even richer, less fiscally prudent owner taking over, and then signing three or four Prince Fielders next time around*!

* Ignoring the fact that if Fielder isn't signed now there won't be another big bat available until the 2100 timeframe.

On jones vs. Markakis, Nick has played 6 seasons and in 5 of them he had a better OPS than Adam's best season. Plus, his OPS is weighted more towards OBP, which is the more important component. If I'm betting on who will be the better hitter in 2012, my money is on Nick. But, it isn't a certainty, and Jones gets some extra credit for playing CF, even if Markakis is a better RF than Jones is a CF, which I believe is the case. So, it is close as to who's the better player.

I believe Duquette would trade Markakis in the right deal, due to his cost.

Dude, how the hell do you figure that the Orioles win the World Series in 2012, let alone make the playoffs even with Prince Fielder? You hate half of the team as it already stands.

Not only that, AM was a terrible GM...How could he have built a WS contending team that just needed one 4 WAR player?

That's why MacPhail was so awful. He was so dumb he couldn't even see that his 70-win team was four wins away from the World Series.

You are missing the big picture. Each of those four wins would have stopped 5 game losing streaks from occurring.

Cause one bad loss early in the year can sabotage an entire season.

On jones vs. Markakis, Nick has played 6 seasons and in 5 of them he had a better OPS than Adam's best season. Plus, his OPS is weighted more towards OBP, which is the more important component. If I'm betting on who will be the better hitter in 2012, my money is on Nick. But, it isn't a certainty, and Jones gets some extra credit for playing CF, even if Markakis is a better RF than Jones is a CF, which I believe is the case. So, it is close as to who's the better player.

I believe Duquette would trade Markakis in the right deal, due to his cost.

Frobby with the most rational, measured post in the thread. Who'd a thought? ;)

Also: LOUD NOISES!!!1

What has Jones led? Has Jones gone to the owner of the team, had lunch and vented to him?

And you want to build around Jones?

Anyone who wants to build a team around a 2-3.5 WAR player is going to build one crappy team.

You don't build a team around Nick either BTW.

Right..and Fielder is a 5 war player...yet you dont want to get him and build a team around him...

Archived