Big Changes Coming

Brendan25

Larry Johnson, Sr? (I didn't hear anything, just speculating)

That would certainly fit most of the criteria Cavanaugh gave.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I mentioned Johnson too, but I doubt they would announce hiring him this quickly if it was him. First, if I were UM I would definitely wait to ensure his name does not turn up in any part of the investigation into the sex abuse scandal at PSU. Second, PSU plays its bowl game on Jan 2, and while that doesn't preclude Johnson from taking another position right now, I would think he'd want to wait until the season is over before deciding what his options are.

EDIT: I guess we know Randy Shannon is available now. :D

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a big let down? Maybe it's because of the comments about it "blowing the roof off", I just fear this is going to be hype about nothing.

Hang on for the ride.

Especially in the Edsall bandwagon. Very roomy in there; easy to bounce around and get hurt.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a big let down? Maybe it's because of the comments about it "blowing the roof off", I just fear this is going to be hype about nothing.

It usually is. I learned long ago not too get too excited about "major announcements". But I am interested in what it will be. They need to get a few more coaches who recruit. I think they've made some progress, and by virtually all accounts Edsall is working the area much harder than Friedgen did, but they still need to get at least some of the elite local talent to stay home.

Not Crowton, according to Testudo Times.

As for the "big news", I don't put much stock in Cavanaugh's info. I appreciate what he gives and I think he works hard, but he's not particularly objective.

I don't either. Cavanaugh has mastered the art of the tease. I was a member of rivals for awhile but I got tired of stuff being teased only to either be disappointed when I finally learned the news or disappointed that he never followed up at all. Heck, I can remember when he promised to spill the beans on the whole Ambrose Wooden/Victor Abiamiri recruitment situation with the Terps. After it was all said and done he never gave any nuggets at all.

In the internet age its tough to keep a scoop secret. I'll happily wait until it hits the media.

I mentioned Johnson too' date=' but I doubt they would announce hiring him this quickly if it was him. First, if I were UM I would definitely wait to ensure his name does not turn up in any part of the investigation into the sex abuse scandal at PSU. Second, PSU plays its bowl game on Jan 2, and while that doesn't preclude Johnson from taking another position right now, I would think he'd want to wait until the season is over before deciding what his options are.

EDIT: I guess we know Randy Shannon is available now. :D[/quote']

First I would love for Coach Johnson to come to CP. Heck fire Edsell and give him the HC job. However I am not sure his style fits with with Edsell. Coach Johnson is a guy that is VERY connected with his players and players love him. He was a huge influence on me and I would do anything for him that he asked of me.

The more I think about it, the more Locksley makes sense for OC. He's an outstanding recruiter and it would give him a chance to rehab his reputation working under Sgt Edsall.

But can he coordinate an offense? Don't know what his involvement with the offense was at New Mexico, but his record there speaks for itself.

Archived