Ryan Braun Tests Positive For PEDs

Remember The Alomar

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because it's not conceivable to have a negative or neutral reaction to the downfall of another team's player?

The confusion stems from "why do you care in the way that you apparently care?"

Oh. Well, for me, personally, I bent over backwards to be empathic on the issue in the past. A culture of steroids, people almost needing to take them to stay on an even playing field, many "PEDs" not actually being banned when players started taking them, etc.

At this point, I feel like the rules are clear. Public opinion is clear. Now, you're just cheating, plain and simple. There are no excuses anymore.

And most importantly, this allegation is about a player who has proudly trumpeted how steroids never interested him.

I just hope it's not true.

Oh. Well, for me, personally, I bent over backwards to be empathic on the issue in the past. A culture of steroids, people almost needing to take them to stay on an even playing field, many "PEDs" not actually being banned when players started taking them, etc.

At this point, I feel like the rules are clear. Public opinion is clear. Now, you're just cheating, plain and simple. There are no excuses anymore.

And most importantly, this allegation is about a player who has proudly trumpeted how steroids never interested him.

Everybody "cheats" in some way. Just some are illegal and some aren't.

Understandable. That issue is definitely something that's undercut my interest in the game in general. I remember times when I used to enjoy Sunday Night Baseball regardless of who was playing...not so much anymore.

As for Braun, based on the report, it sounds pretty conclusive. Excessive testosterone discovered...upon further testing, excess revealed to be synthetic. I don't know what excuse he could come up with for having synthetic testosterone in his system during the playoffs.

Everybody "cheats" in some way. Just some are illegal and some aren't.

Um...

Haha, what? Cheating means breaking the rules of the game. And if you don't break the rules, you're not cheating.

Also, "everyone cheats in some way"? Do you have potato-cauliflower curry instead of a brain?

I can't exactly explain it and I don't expect anyone else to understand, but this story just makes me angry at Selig.

Everything bad in baseball makes me angry at Selig.

A part of myself that I usually keep locked away for fear of being a hateful, joyless codger is persistently angry at everyone for tying such a gigantic profit-motive to dangerous forms of self-medication. Too much money, and too little self-control, endemic to the ways people entertain themselves.

Archived