Deidre Pujols gives some insight on why they left St. Louis

MikeAD

All I gotta say is that Tim Tebow would NOT be pleased with mrs. Pujols being mad at God.

My husband just had the most miraculous decade anyone could have hoped for and I'm mad at God because the Cardinals didn't start with a 10 year contract.

What in the world?

Pujols won the Cardinals two World Series and provided 87.9 fWAR over an 11-year period during which he earned about $109 MM (about $1.24 MM per win).

After giving the organization a huge team friendly deal the last time around, he was tendered an initial offer of 5-years for $130 MM.

Philly gave Ryan Howard an extension (Howard has less leverage in this negotiation as it included a bump in then-current salary for arbitration years) an offer of 5-years for $125.

Essentially, the Cardinals offered the deal Ryan Howard got while he was still under team control...

Pujols won the Cardinals two World Series and provided 87.9 fWAR over an 11-year period during which he earned about $109 MM (about $1.24 MM per win).

After giving the organization a huge team friendly deal the last time around, he was tendered an initial offer of 5-years for $130 MM.

Philly gave Ryan Howard an extension (Howard has less leverage in this negotiation as it included a bump in then-current salary for arbitration years) an offer of 5-years for $125.

Essentially, the Cardinals offered the deal Ryan Howard got while he was still under team control...

I think his slow start this season gave the Cardinals pause about offering him a 9-10 year contract. I think they intentionally blew the negotiations.

Barf! :puke:

This woman lives in the same reality as her husband. Clearly $210 million over 10 years was a slap in the face. Give me a break! Go count your money and shut the hell up.

How much money does a person need in one life? At 5 years and $130 million her grandchildren will never want for anything in their life. She ought to be on her knees every day thanking God for what she does have. Because they gave to charity, God owes them something? Albert better keep it in his pants and not mess around because clearly half of $260 million won't satisfy her in a settlement.

Archived