Norichika Aoki (update: Brewers get Aoki)

TakebackOPACY

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Passan describes Aoki as "Ichiro Lite, emphasis on Lite," and thinks the top bidder got a "bargain" at $2.5MM.*

I'm intrigued. Really hope it's the O's. DD is on an international tear, and it's a very reasonable posting fee it seems.

I'm intrigued. Really hope it's the O's. DD is on an international tear, and it's a very reasonable posting fee it seems.

I could see the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox, Cubs, Rays, Braves and Nats making a bid on him just to name a few. If the posting fee is $2.5M than what kind of contract does this guy get? This type of contract and risk should be right in the Orioles wheel house.

We do that and I might be satisfied for the whole offseason (partly because of all the organizational moves).

I do not think that I would be satisfied, but I think that adding a pitcher and possibly dealing a guy like Guthrie prior to the trade deadline could help us moving forward while saving us a little money.

Does anyone know when the team that won the bid on him will be announced? If the bid is only in the $2.5M range I would imagine that his parent club might be more inclined to just keep him.

My money is on the Nats. Makes the most sense and they are not shy with a buck.

Does anyone know when the team that won the bid on him will be announced? If the bid is only in the $2.5M range I would imagine that his parent club might be more inclined to just keep him.

They wouldn't have accepted the bid if they wanted to keep him. At least that's my understanding of the process.

I really hope the Orioles were the winners if the highest bid was only 2.5 million.

I could see the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox, Cubs, Rays, Braves and Nats making a bid on him just to name a few. If the posting fee is $2.5M than what kind of contract does this guy get? This type of contract and risk should be right in the Orioles wheel house.

He made about $4.25 mil last year, so I would think it takes more than that to bring him to the U.S. maybe 3/15-18. He might be able to make more in Japan than he could here. I'm not sure I see this being worth the price, unless his numbers translate very well to the majors.

He made about $4.25 mil last year, so I would think it takes more than that to bring him to the U.S. maybe 3/15-18. He might be able to make more in Japan than he could here. I'm not sure I see this being worth the price, unless his numbers translate very well to the majors.

I read that Darvish was making 6 and 6 again in endorsements. Don't think Aoki is that famous.

Aoki confirmed bid, "a relief"

Print Article

Write a diary

Posting System (bidding) Major challenges in parent-sun Aoki outfielder (29) December 17, Yakult bid team had received a call from the team, relief (relief) was.

"I was awaiting was a relief. You feel one step closer to dream again. That the future is left to the delegates, to concentrate on my training, and prepare a solid I want, "said the comment.

Just a blurb from the Japanese news paper.

Just a blurb from the Japanese news paper.
Posting System (bidding) Major challenges in parent-sun Aoki outfielder (29) December 17, Yakult bid team had received a call from the team, relief (relief) was.

"I was awaiting was a relief. You feel one step closer to dream again. That the future is left to the delegates, to concentrate on my training, and prepare a solid I want, "said the comment.

Well, my goodness. Hard to argue with that.

His team announced that they accepted the $2.5m bid. So now there's a 30 day window for the winning team to try to sign him. There've been some reports that we'll know who won the bid on Darvish by Tuesday at the latest. So it would make sense that we'll know who won the bid on Aoki by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

EDIT: By the way, I posted that he's a left-handed batter because that's what it says on his baseball reference page. But some stories say he's a switch hitter.

Archived