O's Sign Endy Chavez

Greg

All people complain about is how thin this org and team is - DD stockpiles depth - people complain.

Time will tell if this signing is adding to depth or if they chose him over Beltran, either of the Dominican FA's, or the Japanese OF who is available.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time will tell if this signing is adding to depth or if they chose him over Beltran, either of the Dominican FA's, or the Japanese OF who is available.

They haven't chosen him over Beltran, the Cuban free agents or the Japanese Of who just signed with the Brewers. I don't think they have/had any interest in signing any of these players and if they do, these players don't have any interest in signing with the Orioles.

They haven't chosen him over Beltran, the Cuban free agents or the Japanese Of who just signed with the Brewers. I don't think they have/had any interest in signing any of these players and if they do, these players don't have any interest in signing with the Orioles.

I disagree. And wasn't Aoki who signed with the Brewers an IF? I don't believe it is him to whom I am referring.

Pathetic that Duquette (and, by extension, Buck) think this guy can be a long-term solution for us. This is why we need premium talent IMO. Lazy move.

Where on Earth did you find this opinion? What points to this being a "long-term" solution signing? Are you just making this up as you go, or did you read something that corroborates your declaration?

I disagree. And wasn't Aoki who signed with the Brewers an IF? I don't believe it is him to whom I am referring.

Aoki is an outfielder. Have you read anything that links the O's to Beltran or Aoki. If so I'll stand corrected. They did their do diligence with Cespedes by going to the Dominican. Cespedes linked to the Marlins.

Ok.... thanks. 33rd says Chavez is the LH 4th OF DD said he was seeking. Who is the everyday LF?

Buck has made comments to the effect that he would like to see Reimold in left field. However, I don't think he's prepared to give him the job full time, although he said he was tempted to. It's likely you'll see some sort of platoon in left with both players involved. BTW if you would like to hear what Buck had to say about Reimold just go to the O's sight and view the video interview.

This move makes me think that Nolan gets a every day shot in left. Chavez is a late inning defensive replacement. Endy gives Jones and Markakis a day off when they need it.

Chavez's contract is probably under 1M.

DD is saving his money for a run at someone. He has 13M left. Probably Chen for some part of the remainder is my guess.

Archived