Boras and Fielder did not meet with Angelos

33rdst

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good point, that is two fans.

When I go with one of the kids, I buy two nosebleed seats for a total of $18, park for free on side streets, and spend $10 on snacks from vendors outside prior to entering. Once you're inside the gate, you can pretty have any entire section you choose to yourself (because the park is empty due to us not having Prince Fielder).

I hear you there. One of the best game experiences I have ever had was my girlfriend and myself and another young couple sitting pretty much alone in LF. There were other people but it was a weekday day game.... In the 6th inning one of the police officers sat with us and we bulls*** for the rest of the game. Lots of fun. This is also what I did when I took my two nephews (3 and 5) just because I didn't want to bother anyone and they have a ton of energy. And to them it makes no difference whether its a Saturday or a Wednesday in June.

I sort of dread when we get Fielder and I have no place to sit in the stadium. At least then I can save up the money I would be spending for a playoff ticket. If I stay home instead of going to 8 games at 100 bucks a pop (plus gas and parking) I might be able to sneak into one of our playoff games this year!!!!!!

I believe that anyone who buys more than one beer / person at any sporting event is destined to be both poor and upset unless they see something truly unique. To each their own but that is just an insane waste of money IMHO. My humble advice is to have a few prior or after the game and save yourself like $5 per beer. I guess I get it if you go to one or two sporting events a year, but to do it multiple times in a year (over the various sports that folks can attend) is crazytalk to me. When the missus and I go to spring training, we total about 3 beers each in the five games we attend. We do our drinking by the beach on siesta key for $20 a case.

One of the best parts about being a teetotaler is not needing to worry about beer prices.

Not that the price of soft drinks is that much more reasonable.

I usually go on friday nights for the 6 dollar tickets. Then I end up spending 60 dollars on beer and 12 dollars on food. At least the heavy seas beer is strong.

What is that, eight or nine beers? If I drank a beer an inning I'd be incoherent by the 5th and dead by the 7th!

Going to a MLB park to get drunk is like checking into the Hilton and raiding the minibar because you wanted some peanuts.

I believe that anyone who buys more than one beer / person at any sporting event is destined to be both poor and upset unless they see something truly unique. To each their own but that is just an insane waste of money IMHO. My humble advice is to have a few prior or after the game and save yourself like $5 per beer. I guess I get it if you go to one or two sporting events a year, but to do it multiple times in a year (over the various sports that folks can attend) is crazytalk to me. When the missus and I go to spring training, we total about 3 beers each in the five games we attend. We do our drinking by the beach on siesta key for $20 a case.

The cheapest ticket to a ravens playoff game is 300 dollars. I would suggest it is nearly impossible to spend 300 dollars on beer at an orioles game. So it is all relative.

What is that, eight or nine beers? If I drank a beer an inning I'd be incoherent by the 5th and dead by the 7th!

Going to a MLB park to get drunk is like checking into the Hilton and raiding the minibar because you wanted some peanuts.

Well I don't disagree. I go to an MLB park to see a baseball game. Getting tanked just helps ease the pain.

Also, don't forget, the beers that they sell are pints, not 12 ouncers.

Going to an orioles game and not getting drunk would be quite boring indeed. And we usually have a couple of beers before the game at a bar accross the street

edit: 60 dollars = 6 beers.

Well I don't disagree. I go to an MLB park to see a baseball game. Getting tanked just helps ease the pain.

Also, don't forget, the beers that they sell are pints, not 12 ouncers.

I doubt that is true for the craft beer. They are definitely smaller than coors, bud, nattie boh serving sizes. But they are much stronger so they are still the better buy.

Archived