Top 360 Prospect by Baseball Instinct

Tony-OH

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's unconvincing support, Frobby, in many ways.

Look, I'm not out to torpedo these guys. I've said my piece. Take it or leave it -- no matter to me either way.

EDIT -- FYI, someone at Baseball America involved in the Top 100 ranking process said he estimates 6-8 Blue Jays in the Top 100; 2-4 Rays; 3-5 Red Sox.

And if there are 230 some prospects in baseball better than Blake Swihart then I deserve to have my stopwatch, gun, pencil and camera dropped in a burlap sack and smacked over my head 230 times.

I think I head Sickels say he didn't have McGuire in his top 100, I was a little surprised by that.

I think I head Sickels say he didn't have McGuire in his top 100, I was a little surprised by that.

Personally, I would expect McGuire to be a Top 100 type of prospect, but in honesty I don't know where -- and, he may be a fringe Top 100 guy depending on how you feel about his ceiling. I liked him at Tech, but the last two starts I saw of him were two of his best all season. He cruised through the FSL and certainly held his own at Double-A. Maybe a 75-100 kind of guy, with the influx of studs from this past draft class? I don't know.

Personally, I would expect McGuire to be a Top 100 type of prospect, but in honesty I don't know where -- and, he may be a fringe Top 100 guy depending on how you feel about his ceiling. I liked him at Tech, but the last two starts I saw of him were two of his best all season. He cruised through the FSL and certainly held his own at Double-A. Maybe a 75-100 kind of guy, with the influx of studs from this past draft class? I don't know.

I kind of expected him in that later part of the top 100 like you said. There's context missing, maybe he's just outside, I dunno, but the way he answered it, it was like there was no question Deck should be outside the 100. I didn't even know what to say it caught me so off guard, all I could think was I thought he looked much better than that. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Thinking back, maybe he said his PERSONAL top 100 and maybe he still ends up BA top 100 but I dunno, he didn't seem too much of a fan.

I kind of expected him in that later part of the top 100 like you said. There's context missing, maybe he's just outside, I dunno, but the way he answered it, it was like there was no question Deck should be outside the 100. I didn't even know what to say it caught me so off guard, all I could think was I thought he looked much better than that. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Thinking back, maybe he said his PERSONAL top 100 and maybe he still ends up BA top 100 but I dunno, he didn't seem too much of a fan.

Do you mean Sickels or someone with BA? I don't think the two are related, right?

Yeah I meant he didn't seem a huge fan, but there will be differences between the BA lists and Sickels' lists all the time. Maybe BA is higher on McGuire than he is.

I honestly don't read Sickels, so no idea. I check in with BA periodically -- particularly Nathan's and Conor's work.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would add in Goldstein's Jays list:

Five-Star Prospects

1. Travis d'Arnaud, C

2. Jake Marisnick, OF

Four-Star Prospects

3. Daniel Norris, LHP

4. Anthony Gose, OF

5. Noah Syndergaard, RHP

Three-Star Prospects

6. Drew Hutchison, RHP

7. Justin Nicolino, LHP