Official CAA Thread

Goop

We had one of these last year, so I figured we needed to start one up for this year now that conference play has started.

Holy crap, Georgia State might be the surprise team of the league this year. They just took down VCU in a close game in Richmond tonight. I couldn't make the game due to a prior commitment, but my buddy that was there said their defense was tight. Their new coach has them playing good basketball right now.

George Mason finaly wins one at ODU. Good start to the conference schedule. Good balanced attack, led by Ryan Pearson.
The Patriots knock off the previously unbeaten (in conference) Ga State to move into first place. For a team that's supposed to be in transition, they've jumped out to a nice start.

Great wins for you guys. Mason might have started a little slow, but I think you guys will be ok.

VCU goes to Drexel tonight. I know Drexel will be looking for some revenge from last years CAA Tournament, so I hope VCU goes in and plays hard and gets a road win tonight.

Eight game into conference play, and Mason is in first with a 7-1 record. Beat winless Towson soundly.

I told you Mason would be ok! :D

Saturday night the hated Monarchs from ODU came to town for a renewal of the rivalry with VCU. ODU started off strong to go on a 7-0 run, but then VCU went on fire. VCU forced 25 turnovers, 14 in the second half, on their way to a 61-48 win.

The crowd is always fired up when ODU comes to town, but Saturday was one of the loudest I've ever seen at a VCU game. From start to finish, the crowd was loud and never let up. I'm not sure if it was because Blaine Taylor ran his mouth during the CAA media days this fall and had us all pissed off, but the intensity level was insane.

I told you Mason would be ok! :D

Saturday night the hated Monarchs from ODU came to town for a renewal of the rivalry with VCU. ODU started off strong to go on a 7-0 run, but then VCU went on fire. VCU forced 25 turnovers, 14 in the second half, on their way to a 61-48 win.

The crowd is always fired up when ODU comes to town, but Saturday was one of the loudest I've ever seen at a VCU game. From start to finish, the crowd was loud and never let up. I'm not sure if it was because Blaine Taylor ran his mouth during the CAA media days this fall and had us all pissed off, but the intensity level was insane.

ODU looked awful in that game; they’ve always been a defensive minded team but goodness, they looked awful trying to get anything going from the offensive side. VCU & Drexel have been on fire. I wasn’t sure how VCU would do early on the season but those wins early against Akron and Richmond caught my attention.

Wish I had more time to post this season. I have to give it up to Hewitt and give credit where it’s due. After an awful start, we have been picking up a bunch of W’s and in first place in CAA. I’m just hoping once the tournament starts we can avoid VCU at all costs. Hopefully you guys will be in the other bracket, can’t stand playing you guys in the CAA tournament!

ODU looked awful in that game; they’ve always been a defensive minded team but goodness' date=' they looked awful trying to get anything going from the offensive side. VCU & Drexel have been on fire. I wasn’t sure how VCU would do early on the season but those wins early against Akron and Richmond caught my attention.

Wish I had more time to post this season. I have to give it up to Hewitt and give credit where it’s due. After an awful start, we have been picking up a bunch of W’s and in first place in CAA. I’m just hoping once the tournament starts we can avoid VCU at all costs. Hopefully you guys will be in the other bracket, can’t stand playing you guys in the CAA tournament![/quote']

Yeah, ODU couldn't get into a rhythm that game. I don't know if it was VCU's defense, the crowd, a bad night, or a combo of all 3.

As for the tourney, it will be interesting to see how this last month plays out. There are a lot of good teams that will be fighting for those top 4 seeds. Last year VCU took a huge crap in February, hoping they don't do the same this year. They've got a tough schedule coming up..GSU away this Saturday, play you guys twice, and ODU away. And I'm not looking past William and Mary either. Those guys took VCU to overtime at VCU and now we gotta go to Williamsburg still.

Archived