Official CAA Thread

Goop

Congrats' date=' not a good weekend for the JMU basketball teams. Mason at Delware this Wednesday. Can't wait![/quote']

Delaware playing great defense in the first half. Hens were up by 17 but Mason ends on a 9-0 run to cut the halftime deficit to 32-24.

What does everyone think about the Bracketbusters matchups that were announced last night?

It's safe to say Mason deserved nothing better than Lamar. That's what happens when you lose to FIU and FAU. Hopefully, the CAA even on a down year OOC wise can have a good showing in Bracketbusters.

Delaware holds on for the 65-60 upset win despite 21 TO's.

Congrats on the win Millsy. Someone needs to tell Mason the game starts in the 1st half.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Towson had JMU on Saturday. After being down big, you guys battled and battled during the 2nd half...great game to watch.

Huge win on the road for VCU over Odu. After playing a little sloppy and being down by double digits in the 1st half, VCU battled back and was able to pull off the tough road win. With Ga. State losing, it locked up a first-round bye for them in the CAA tournament.

O's Are Legends:I know you are probably just as hyped up for the game tomorrow as I am! It's always fun playing you guys, especially this time of year when both teams are battling for the top spot. Best of luck to you guys and here's to a great game! :beerchug1:

• 2 weeks later...

VCU closes out the season with a victory over Mason and heads into the CAA Tournament as the # 2 seed behind Drexel and ahead of #3 Mason and #4 ODU. Looking forward to the tournament this weekend! Anyone gonna be in Richmond for it?

VCU closes out the season with a victory over Mason and heads into the CAA Tournament as the # 2 seed behind Drexel and ahead of #3 Mason and #4 ODU. Looking forward to the tournament this weekend! Anyone gonna be in Richmond for it?

I'd like to, but it's not in the cards this year. Hopefully, the conference gets two teams in, but it's not likely this year.

I wish; I'm working 16-18 hours a day for a sports tournament in Korea.

It’s time for Mason to move to the A10. At some point enough is enough with the “neutral” nonsense.

The Richmond Coliseum is just like home for us."
- Troy Daniels. VCU players admit this every year, even Shaka Smart said so last season.

In college basketball, it’s already hard to win on the road and when it’s against your biggest rival and a very good team like VCU, you are at a huge disadvantage. The crowd was insane; it’s the same story every year. I mean seriously, why don’t we build a stadium across the street of Mason’s campus where Brion’s grille is located and hold the CAA tournament there and call it a neutral court.

I don’t see VCU becoming a mediocre program anytime in the near future and the longer they keep the tournament in Richmond, the more I believe it may hurt recruiting, keeping players etc. Your goal is to make the NCAA tournament every season and if you know the moment the conference tournament starts you’re going to have to play a road game against VCU which puts your team at a huge disadvantage, why would you want to commit to a league that allows this unless you play for VCU.

Any other conference this would be made a mockery out of, the so called neutral court. In the CAA, it’s common practice, what a load of crap. This is a huge reason why I believe the CAA will never become an A10, MVC, a Mountain West type conference.

Look, I'm not gonna argue the fact that VCU has an advantage for the tourney, we do get a lot more fans there than most schools. But the tournament has been held in Richmond WAY before VCU ever joined the league.

Archived