Our pitchers are all with Brady

weams

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were a few pitchers last year who I would have liked to explode.

No doubt.

It's not universal, but many pitchers have a thick lower body and a lean upper body. Many also run the 20 yard dash instead of the 60 like position players. Short bursts of strength are key, but you also have to have stamina to go along with it, which is why you see pitchers running so much. Pedro Martinez used to say that no pitcher on the Sox could run with him. The best make it a priority.

This is flippin' awesome. Love to hear it.

I can see it now:

Brady Anderson: You kids are soft. You lack discipline.

[shouts]

Brady Anderson: Well, I've got news for you. You are mine now. You belong to me.

------------------------------

Brady Anderson: No more complaining. No more "Mr. Anderson, I have to go the bathroom". Nothing!

[shouts]

Brady Anderson: There *is* no bathroom!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sanfran327 again.

No doubt.

It's not universal, but many pitchers have a thick lower body and a lean upper body. Many also run the 20 yard dash instead of the 60 like position players. Short bursts of strength are key, but you also have to have stamina to go along with it, which is why you see pitchers running so much. Pedro Martinez used to say that no pitcher on the Sox could run with him. The best make it a priority.

I am interested in seeing how this strategy pays off.

A few tidbits from the Sun:

- Hunter has lost 20 pounds.

- "Anderson said Matusz has 'made the biggest physical transition [of] any player' he's worked with. Showalter added he thought Matusz looked like he was in the best shape he's been in.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-anderson-interested-in-results-not-recognition-20120120,0,6348317.story

A few tidbits from the Sun:

- Hunter has lost 20 pounds.

- "Anderson said Matusz has 'made the biggest physical transition [of] any player' he's worked with. Showalter added he thought Matusz looked like he was in the best shape he's been in.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-anderson-interested-in-results-not-recognition-20120120,0,6348317.story

This is where we need a Sammy photo shop of Matusz' head on a Schwarzenegger body,

How awesome would it be if Tillman put himself back on the map?

Very awesome.

We've all written him off, but it will be nice to see if all the management changes will translate to on-the-field improvements with guys like Tillman.

Very awesome.

We've all written him off, but it will be nice to see if all the management changes will translate to on-the-field improvements with guys like Tillman.

It'd be nice if Tillman turned out to be a poor man's Palmer (i.e., someone who'll shine with the right coaching, though his stuff isn't nearly as good as Palmer's).

Woking at his Irvine camp with all of our pitchers this year.

Sounds good to me. I'm starting to think that Brady might be that guy largely responsible for turning this team around (if indeed it does turn around).

Edit: PARTIALLY responsible...I may have overstated my opinion a bit

It's great that we are starting to build a culture where guys are serious about their conditioning. Some of this was going on before Duquette arrived, but he's taking the next steps with it. I'm really going to be interested in whether it pays off, as soon as this year.

This is good news.

Also, you know baseball's just around the corner when the obligatory flood of "he's in the best shape of his life" stories hits, followed by the obligatory flood of "and here's why it's actually going to mean something for this specific player I like!"

Archived