Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have anything else you could tell the OH?

And is the trade Wood and Saunders for Tejada?

Yes Wood and Saunders are the names I am hearing. I'll tell you another thing, I am hearing that the Mets are really being more aggressive then the Dodgers to get Bedard. If all goes well AM just might have a bidding war between the Dodgers and Mets for Bedard. Hopefully I will have more to report later on.

Yes Wood and Saunders are the names I am hearing. I'll tell you another thing, I am hearing that the Mets are really being more aggressive then the Dodgers to get Bedard. If all goes well AM just might have a bidding war between the Dodgers and Mets for Bedard. Hopefully I will have more to report later on.

Oh baby!!!!

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is the deal I would pursue:

Trading a superstar isn't the easiest thing to do

By Jayson Stark

1. Orioles-Angels (from Josh in Baltimore): Miguel Tejada for Ervin Santana and Brandon Wood.

OK, let's take these in order. Orioles-Angels is the most feasible deal on that list. But this particular proposal looks more like a not-quite than a they-should-make-that-one-right-now. The Orioles probably would need at least one known quantity back for Tejada, and that wouldn't describe either Santana or Wood.

Jason Stark is describing this as a trade the O's wouldn't do. I would do this trade in a second.

It really makes sense when the Yankees or Red Sox look like they'll land Santana leaving the Mets and Dodgers to go after Bedard...

It really makes sense when the Yankees or Red Sox look like they'll land Santana leaving the Mets and Dodgers to go after Bedard...

Wonder how desperate the Mets would be? Would they give up 4 players? Would they make F. Martinez available? Is Milledge, Martinez, Pelfrey, Heilman a more attractive package than Kemp, Kershaw and Broxton?

Sweet! I'll have to change my sig to "The 2008 Baltimore Orioles...they'll give you Wood."

;)

Jeez Louise, we don't even have him yet and already people are talking about giving him away. I give up: You want to give Wood to which team? And who do we get back? Is this a deadline deal to stick it to somebody else in August? Or maybe a salary dump because you heard he's a cancer? Or what?

Jeez Louise, we don't even have him yet and already people are talking about giving him away. I give up: You want to give Wood to which team? And who do we get back? Is this a deadline deal to stick it to somebody else in August? Or maybe a salary dump because you heard he's a cancer? Or what?

Oh boy.....should I tell him, or let his parents do it?

or the Mets. Would you be happy with the above 4 person deal? 2 top prospects and 2 young Mlers?

I don't know. Pelfry and Heilman don't really impress me. Martinez is a pretty big question mark at this point. Milledge is really the only player the Mets have to offer that I would really like to get my hands on.

If we could get Kemp, LaRoche, and Kershaw for Bedard we'd be foolish to pass it up.

Archived