Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it would be appropriate to bring up this classic AP headline. The story was about Arkansas' choice of QBs vs. South Carolina.

"Nutt: Dick will Face Cocks while Johnson Rides Bench"

Yep, that was a great one. ESPN eventually changed it. Actually they do that a lot, put up a funny headline for a little while and change it later. The Colon one was another example. Has to be on purpose.

Business is picking up. He thinks Tejada is gone for sure, no question. Once he's gone Mora will most likely be traded to Philly. He's hearing Bedard is still a big question. We need 2 young players who will be on the 25 man roster as well as another player. Looking at free agent closers not only for this year but next too. He's heard both Dotel and Gagne mentioned. No market for Huff at this time.

How many years are we looking at giving Dotel/Gagne? As much as we gave Baez?

Business is picking up. He thinks Tejada is gone for sure, no question. Once he's gone Mora will most likely be traded to Philly. He's hearing Bedard is still a big question. We need 2 young players who will be on the 25 man roster as well as another player. Looking at free agent closers not only for this year but next too. He's heard both Dotel and Gagne mentioned. No market for Huff at this time.

If either of those are for more than one year, I'm going to mail a turd to the warehouse.

Looking at free agent closers not only for this year but next too. He's heard both Dotel and Gagne mentioned. No market for Huff at this time.

Sounds like Ray has lost the closer job. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade him next offseason...

Sounds like Ray has lost the closer job. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade him next offseason...

I think Ray is injured for the entire 2008 season. I sure hope he lost the closer job for this year. Its not Madden where you can play injured guys and still get bad, but acceptable, performance sometimes. :D

Archived