Philly still interested in getting Mora...

Black & Orange

Cindy may not like it but I have been told the words clubhouse cancer are thrown around when speaking about MelMo.

I don't have any sources, but just listen to the guy's quotes in the Sun and you can see its all about "me me me" with him. Like I said before, its a shame its come to this, but he needs to go, as the FIRST priority next week!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cindy may not like it but I have been told the words clubhouse cancer are thrown around when speaking about MelMo.

The sooner he and Tejada are off the team the better. Mora most likely influenced Tejada to act the way he does now to some extent IMO, so it's too bad. My guess is Tejada will go back to his upbeat vibrant self when he leaves the team and Mora.

The "cancer" on this club is Angelos and the culture of losing that he is SOLELY responsible for creating.Tejada and Mora weren't"cancers" in 2005. Maybe they just got tired of losing and losing and losing, hearing a lot of sugary promises of better days to come, and seeing retreads like Millar, Conine and Palmiero walking through the door.

Yeah, I'd like them both traded, but as much for their sake as for Baltimore's. They both deserve better than the Orioles.

The "cancer" on this club is Angelos and the culture of losing that he is SOLELY responsible for creating.Tejada and Mora weren't"cancers" in 2005. Maybe they just got tired of losing and losing and losing, hearing a lot of sugary promises of better days to come, and seeing retreads like Millar, Conine and Palmiero walking through the door.

Yeah, I'd like them both traded, but as much for their sake as for Baltimore's. They both deserve better than the Orioles.l

Some may beg to differ with that line. Thats if you were around the club in 2005.

I hate this

Not My Melvin!:002_scry:

Seriously, we all know you don't want ANY Oriole traded Cindy, but alas, this team as currently constructed is in a deplorable state. I can't help but wonder how you think this team will ever get better absent using trades as a means to acquire more young talent???? Free agency? The draft? Act of Congress? There will be new Orioles for you to love and you shopuld be hoping for that!

If Philly is truly interested, I say THIS is priority ONE over Bedard AND Tejada! Mora has lost skills and is bad for the team's chemistry. At lest if we're "stuck" with Bedard and Tejada, we know they will both produce. Mora will be happy to stay on the East coast with a contending club, and we will be happy to get him off the team.

It is a shame things have turned out this way, because he WAS a pretty loyal team guy for most of his Oriole career.

Mora said he'd waive the NTC if they were in rebuilding mode. I don't think he'd waive it before at least Tejada was traded.

Seriously, we all know you don't want ANY Oriole traded Cindy, but alas, this team as currently constructed is in a deplorable state. I can't help but wonder how you think this team will ever get better absent using trades as a means to acquire more young talent???? Free agency? The draft? Act of Congress? There will be new Orioles for you to love and you shopuld be hoping for that!

There are Orioles that I would ok to trade!!!!

Yeah, I'd like them both traded, but as much for their sake as for Baltimore's. They both deserve better than the Orioles.

That's all fine and good. But, neither one of them had problem taking money from a franchise that was already a disaster. I'm not sure I buy that they "deserve" better. For the money they make, I'd say the organization "deserves better." If I pay a guy that much cash, he darn well better try. I don't care if his teammates are all one-armed orangutans. Did they expect to walk into a winner? Do they think their negative attitude now is helping? It's time for them to go. No one is saying the franchise is innocent. Everything about this team has stunk for a decade. And they are part of that.

Archived