Philly still interested in getting Mora...

Black & Orange

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like BRob? hahaha

Why not? MacPhail has said every Oriole is available for the right price. It wouldn't be a shock for me to see Mora, Tejada, Roberts and Hernandez all dealt this offseason. Clean house and get rid of the losing culture. Get some young, hungry guys in here that want to win, not just collect a paycheck...

Why not? MacPhail has said every Oriole is available for the right price. It wouldn't be a shock for me to see Mora, Tejada, Roberts and Hernandez all dealt this offseason. Clean house and get rid of the losing culture. Get some young, hungry guys in here that want to win, not just collect a paycheck...

Seriously, thats the best way to approach this offseason with this ballclub. I think its a smart method for MacPhail. Its a cool position for us fans to be in aswell, because we now get to see kids come play in OPACY who want to be Orioles.

P.S. JTrea, I think i was having a brain fart tho this morning, when I was thinking what we could get for Markakis. I quickly shook my head, and woke up from that nightmare.

Seriously, thats the best way to approach this offseason with this ballclub. I think its a smart method for MacPhail. Its a cool position for us fans to be in aswell, because we now get to see kids come play in OPACY who want to be Orioles.

P.S. JTrea, I think i was having a brain fart tho this morning, when I was thinking what we could get for Markakis. I quickly shook my head, and woke up from that nightmare.

No way would i deal Markakis!!

I don't have any sources, but just listen to the guy's quotes in the Sun and you can see its all about "me me me" with him. Like I said before, its a shame its come to this, but he needs to go, as the FIRST priority next week!

I'm not an insider but I do have a source on this one thing. Don't really feel like going into detail about it and getting scrutinized since theres definitely no way to confirm it but I can say with 100% certainty that he is clubhouse cancer times 10. Without going into detail about a specific anecdote from this season, I will just say that his personality has changed dramatically over the last couple of years and he no longer thinks about the interest of the team.

I am also taking a cue from the insiders who almost definitely know what I'm referring to and haven't said anything. Presumably they've kept their mouths shut on this for a reason and I'll follow their lead

By Who?:002_ssuprised:

No point in going there, Cindy. Look, lots of us know that Miggi and Mora did their parts. Nobody's been better than Miggi, and for a few years Melvin was about the only guy who acted like an Oriole should. But there's always fickle fans who turn on guys lickety-quick based on some story in the paper. That's exactly how Eddie got run out of town too. The truth didn't matter.

Now, I think both of them are probably pretty grumpy now. They got jerked around believing that the old FO was gonna keep their promises, which they didn't. Meanwhile Miggi and Mora are getting older, and they're seeing their window-of-opportunity close around them. Plus, not only were they jerked around, so that their best years got wasted on nothing, now that the team sucks worse than ever, people are asking them to change positions on a crappy team. How silly is that? Because, even if they do change positions, it would still be a crappy team. If I was them, I'd be PO'd too. If I was them, I'd be highly PO'd, so I can easily believe they're grumpy as hell now. Because of all this, I think it's time for them to go somewhere else where they have a chance to win sooner rather than later, simply because their "later" is getting smaller. But all this bad-mouthing them that people are doing, it's not right. It's the kind of thing that gives fans a bad name. Nothing's gonna change it though, it's just how some fans are. The bad situation isn't the fault of Miggi and Mora, but some people are gonna blame them anyway, just because blaming people is the main hobby some guys have. (Not everybody. I think some folks around here aren't really like that, they just got carried onto that bus by the echo-chamber effect around here.)

No point in going there, Cindy. Look, lots of us know that Miggi and Mora did their parts. Nobody's been better than Miggi, and for a few years Melvin was about the only guy who acted like an Oriole should. But there's always fickle fans who turn on guys lickety-quick based on some story in the paper. That's exactly how Eddie got run out of town too. The truth didn't matter.

Now, I think both of them are probably pretty grumpy now. They got jerked around believing that the old FO was gonna keep their promises, which they didn't. Meanwhile Miggi and Mora are getting older, and they're seeing their window-of-opportunity close around them. Plus, not only were they jerked around, so that their best years got wasted on nothing, now that the team sucks worse than ever people are asking them to change positions on a crappy team. If I was them, I'd be PO'd too, so I can easily believe they're grumpy as hell now. I think it's time for them to go somewhere else where they have a chance to win sooner rather than later, simply because their "later" is getting smaller. But all this bad-mouthing them that people are doing, it's not right. It's the kind of thing that gives fans a bad name. Nothing's gonna change it though, it's just how some fans are. The bad situation isn't the fault of Miggi and Mora, but some people are gonna blame them anyway, just because blaming people is the main hobby some guys have. (Not everybody. I think some folks around here aren't really like that, they just got carried onto that bus by the echo-chamber effect around here.)

Shack, would you define truths as facts?

What facts, or truths (whichever you care) do you have that proves he has not become a cancer?

I'm not saying what is being bantered about is actually truth, but you should listen to yourself, from the bully pulpit you are, going on about everyone bad mouthing MelMo and Miggy for no good reason. I grant you that the bad mouthing is not an attractive aspect of the game and fans. But let's accept that it MAY well be that he HAS become a CANCER.

The sooner he and Tejada are off the team the better. Mora most likely influenced Tejada to act the way he does now to some extent IMO, so it's too bad. My guess is Tejada will go back to his upbeat vibrant self when he leaves the team and Mora.
You mean Melmo taught Miggi how to kill the puppies?:D

Shack, would you define truths as facts?

What facts, or truths (whichever you care) do you have that proves he has not become a cancer?

I'm not saying what is being bantered about is actually truth, but you should listen to yourself, from the bully pulpit you are, going on about everyone bad mouthing MelMo and Miggy for no good reason. I grant you that the bad mouthing is not an attractive aspect of the game and fans. But let's accept that it MAY well be that he HAS become a CANCER.

When did you stop beating your wife? Proove to me your not a terrorist. Try to proove any negative. What we are hearing about Miggi and Mora is innuendo not fact. Truth is always subjective. People tend to fit "facts" to suit their biases. It's incredibly irresponsible for people to make these kinds of remarks without presenting any "facts". It would be like me saying I work in musical theatre and have a lot of friends who engage in, shall we say, an alternate life style and from what I hear from them, they don't call him Nick the Greek for nothing. That would be totally irresponsible of me and I would never do such a thing.:002_sbiggrin:

Archived