Philly still interested in getting Mora...

Black & Orange

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From things I have heard, that have been in the Sun and what the insiders are saying on here, i have little doubt that Mora is a clubhouse problem.

How big of a problem? Who knows...From things I have heard, it seems as if he is a large one and different people want him gone.

Now, the real question is why is he this way now?

My guess is, as Rshack said, he is pissed off about the lack of direction for the team and failed promises...So, i think it is understandable that he is pissed(Miggy as well) and I don't hold it against him.

However, he needs to look in the mirror for part of the reason we have stunk.

His inability to stay healthy...Him not wanting to sit...Those things hurt us.

When did you stop beating your wife? Proove to me your not a terrorist. Try to proove any negative. What we are hearing about Miggi and Mora is innuendo not fact. Truth is always subjective. People tend to fit "facts" to suit their biases. It's incredibly irresponsible for people to make these kinds of remarks without presenting any "facts". It would be like me saying I work in musical theatre and have a lot of friends who engage in, shall we say, an alternate life style and from what I hear from them, they don't call him Nick the Greek for nothing. That would be totally irresponsible of me and I would never do such a thing.:002_sbiggrin:

Leave it to an actor to be dramatic!

All I am saying is I am staying open on this whole matter, not convicting him, but not exonerating him either. Yes, we live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty, but in this matter, we aren't talking about a crime, we're simply talking about his attitude, behavior, etc. As much as it would be swell to assume he is still an angel, I am open to the possibility that he is not that any more. That said, do we need facts to suppoort the latter? Absolutely.

Shack, would you define truths as facts?

What facts, or truths (whichever you care) do you have that proves he has not become a cancer?

I'm not saying what is being bantered about is actually truth, but you should listen to yourself, from the bully pulpit you are, going on about everyone bad mouthing MelMo and Miggy for no good reason. I grant you that the bad mouthing is not an attractive aspect of the game and fans. But let's accept that it MAY well be that he HAS become a CANCER.

Whatever truth and facts are, anybody who relies on getting the full story about what things are like from the paper is living in la-la land. AFAIK, the source of hearing words like "cancer" is people around here who don't know anything first-hand, and who see something in the paper and make a federal case out of it. I don't know of anybody who I trust to give a fair picture who's said anything like that. I wish I could drink a beer with somebody like BRob or Nick and find out what they think. They don't seem to have any agenda besides playing good baseball. All this other talk, where does it come from? We don't know, it's always "it's been said" or "somebody told me" or "I heard" or something equally vague. Personally, I ain't trusting people to not have an agenda if I don't even know who they are.

I think we should just agree that it's time for some of these guys to move on. No need to be hateful about it. Both Miggi and Mora did lots of good stuff for this team. Things went even further downhill in spite of them, not because of them. As for proving anything, what is this, Russia? Now people gotta prove they're innocent just because of a story or two in the paper gets combined with message-board posters throwing hateful words around?

I hope they both get to go someplace where they can win. I hope the O's can get some good guys in return for them. I think that would be a win-win. I think spending time dissing guys who spent a lot of time being the best we had is not exactly exemplary behavior. What's it accomplish, except for letting people who don't know squat to talk tough on a message board?

When did you stop beating your wife? Proove to me your not a terrorist.

Have there been reports he does those things? Are you suggesting that the "insiders" and the reports in the paper are just reporting complete speculation? Or, is this just more bloviating?

I am with you on that. Just because something is in a local does not mean it is the truth. He may be a cancer but he may not be either.

I doubt that the local newspapers typically report pure speculation as fact. Do you think the reports sit around saying "Man, it's been a slow day...nothing going on...I bet Mora is a clubhouse problem! I'll print it!"?

It may be exaggerated, but I would think it has some truth to it.

Whatever truth and facts are, anybody who relies on getting the full story about what things are like from the paper is living in la-la land. AFAIK, the source of hearing words like "cancer" is people around here who don't know anything first-hand, and who see something in the paper and make a federal case out of it. I don't know of anybody who I trust to give a fair picture who's said anything like that. I wish I could drink a beer with somebody like BRob or Nick and find out what they think. They don't seem to have any agenda besides playing good baseball. All this other talk, where does it come from? We don't know, it's always "it's been said" or "somebody told me" or "I heard" or something equally vague. Personally, I ain't trusting people to not have an agenda if I don't even know who they are.

I think we should just agree that it's time for some of these guys to move on. No need to be hateful about it. Both Miggi and Mora did lots of good stuff for this team. Things went even further downhill in spite of them, not because of them. As for proving anything, what is this, Russia? Now people gotta prove they're innocent just because of a story or two in the paper gets combined with message-board posters throwing hateful words around?

I hope they both get to go someplace where they can win. I hope the O's can get some good guys in return for them. I think that would be a win-win. I think spending time dissing guys who spent a lot of time being the best we had is not exactly exemplary behavior. What's it accomplish, except for letting people who don't know squat to talk tough on a message board?

It should be pretty obvious that everyone who has some kid of inside source is either very close to the team or, like in Peace's case, has people they deal with who are very close or even on the team.

The cancer thing is legit...You can choose to believe it or not, that's up to you.

It should be pretty obvious that everyone who has some kid of inside source is either very close to the team or, like in Peace's case, has people they deal with who are very close or even on the team.

The cancer thing is legit...You can choose to believe it or not, that's up to you.

What proof do you have? Video tape? Written accounts from Mora were admits it? ;)

Last time in Philly I did a Pat's vs. Geno's taste test back to back. Let's just say that Pats tasted better when they came back up. ;)

Just kidding. It was rough though. I felt like I had to do something after eating both of them though. It was either puke or s---. Luckily I was able to s---.

Pat's was much better though. Better bread and less cheese whiz. Nicer people at the window too.

Not to go too off topic here, but since I've lived in Philly for the last 6 years, I've tried quite a few cheesesteaks. Pat's & Geno's are both good (maybe a bit overhyped, what with the "dueling corners" aspect of their locations), but my vote is for another pair of dueling cheesesteak-makers : D'alessandro's and Chubby's in the Manayunk / Roxborough area, also across the street from each other.

As for Mora to the Phils, the fans up here are all for it, and I think the Phils management would make the move. The Phillies are ascending here and management knows if they show some committment to improving the team, the fans will reward them. (Doesn't hurt that the Iggles and 76ers stink at the moment, too. Flyers are good, but it's still just the NHL ;) )

And look what a NY paper prinited aobut President Bush in 2004. It wasa total fabrication. Rather ran with it only to finds out later it was lies. Now tell me everything in the paper is legit.

Oh no, we didn't go down that road did we?

What proof do you have? Video tape? Written accounts from Mora were admits it? ;)

LOL

Do people think reporters, coaches and FO people are going to come out and give specific examples and run a guy through the mud like that?

Give me a break....It is what it is...As i said, choose to believe or not, that's up to you.

But then just stay out of these conversations about it because you have no leg to stand on.

Leave it to an actor to be dramatic!

All I am saying is I am staying open on this whole matter, not convicting him, but not exonerating him either. Yes, we live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty, but in this matter, we aren't talking about a crime, we're simply talking about his attitude, behavior, etc. As much as it would be swell to assume he is still an angel, I am open to the possibility that he is not that any more. That said, do we need facts to suppoort the latter? Absolutely.

Innocent until proven guilty? that's an old wives tale, the climate around here frequently resembles a lynch mob waiting for an excuse. Have noose will travel.:D And by the way I've heard some things about you .....but I can't say them right now.:D

Read the article in the Sun with Mora quotes where he talks about losing playing time to Moore. Talks about MacPhail and Trembley. In that article it was a total "me me me" attitude. He obviously could care less about the team at this point. AND, he never refuted the article afterwards, which means it was indeed the way he feels. If that's not proof enough, I don't know what is? An aging veteran complaining about losing playing time to a 23 year when we are 25 games out of the playoff race is beyond selfish. Its downright egotistical! I've said before, it IS a shame its come to this, but Mora's attitude has certainly changed in recent years, and he needs a fresh start somewhere else!

Archived